You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Coconut2015

Welcome to the Forums :)

We have a free trial available for Photo that you could use to see if the Brush Tool is something that would work for you. As it is going to be hard for other users to say weather it would work as well for you as it would for them so it may be better for you just to try it yourself :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Coconut2015

Welcome to the Forums :)

We have a free trial available for Photo that you could use to see if the Brush Tool is something that would work for you. As it is going to be hard for other users to say weather it would work as well for you as it would for them so it may be better for you just to try it yourself :)

C

I download it already, brush tools are very unnatural as far as I can figure right now. I just wanna see if there are other industrial designers are trying to find Photoshop alternative.

Try using the Average Mode for your brushwork.... Also, search out Paolo Limoncello's brushes here in the forums... the DAUB sets are sprinkled around the forum and they are great! I believe MEB has a master page of Resources for AD/AP with some amazing brushes...

Here are some quick links I looked up for you:  

Pencils: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12021-daub-pencils/

Comics set: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/2422-daub-comics-basic-set-for-affinity-designer/?hl=daub

Of course you can also import standard .abr files (photoshop brushes) into AD (Pixel persona) or AP...

I download it already, brush tools are very unnatural as far as I can figure right now. I just wanna see if there are other industrial designers are trying to find Photoshop alternative.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

If you want to know what you can *paint* in Affinity, look for pretty much every post by Paolo - and tell me if the program seems lacking in some way... ;)  He shows that the brush engine is capable of different styles of art and of modelling various types of media.

Edited to add... Here's some of Paolo's work: Meow, The Wood, portrait, portrait, concept art, CortoMaltese, CortoMaltese2 (and many many more - if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a fan...)

We found Paolo doing some stunning stuff in the very early Designer beta versions and asked him if he'd mind us including some of his fantastic resources with the program because they're just too good to pass up!

Try using the Average Mode for your brushwork.... Also, search out Paolo Limoncello's brushes here in the forums... the DAUB sets are sprinkled around the forum and they are great! I believe MEB has a master page of Resources for AD/AP with some amazing brushes...

Here are some quick links I looked up for you:  

Pencils: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12021-daub-pencils/

Comics set: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/2422-daub-comics-basic-set-for-affinity-designer/?hl=daub

Of course you can also import standard .abr files (photoshop brushes) into AD (Pixel persona) or AP...

These would be good sample brushes, help a lot! Thanks!