You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Next product: Affinity PDF

I think the next big step for Affinity should be a PDF editor/viewer that has all or more features than Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Since Adobe has a monthly subscription for all features unlocked Affinity would probably become the largest competitor for professional .pdf viewer/editor software since it could also link Publisher, Designer and Photo directly to it :D 

[MOD EDIT, Removed]

8 hours ago, Martin Ferenec said:

I am a student so (...) [MOD EDIT]

Beeing a student is no excuse for stealing.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff

Hi @Martin Ferenec,

We appreciate your feedback here regarding Affinity, many thanks for this!

We can't however allow your comments regarding pirating Adobe here, as we do not tolerate this - with the Affinity software or any other paid for software.

I have edited your above comment to remove this and I must ask that you refrain from such statements in the future if you wish to continue posting here.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

FWIW - There are a number of alternatives (cheaper or free) to Adobe Acrobat Pro, which has a lot of features that most people will never need. Although I use it at work, for personal use I manage quite well with free PDF editing software. Having said that, I do think that it would be good if Serif did decide to bring out a full blown PDF editing app (not a clone of Acrobat!) to work alongside and integrate with their other apps. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Yes an affintiy PDF would certainly be cool. I am still looking for a simple way to rotate single pages in a PDF document. I work with Foxit and am very satisfied. But the free version of Foxit cannot do that. Does anyone know a free alternative where this can be done? In the Publisher it somehow works too?

3 hours ago, dominik said:

Beeing a student is no excuse for stealing.

d.

I completely agree with you... stealing is not fine... just as unfair pricing for non-professional end users that do not make any money using the software is not. If the price is reasonable I have no problems buying and supporting it. That's why I switched to Affinity.

Paying 438,96 € a year for PDF editing/viewing tool is just out of the picture for me and probably for most people that do not make money with it. That's where Affinity could come in and probably take a huge part of Adobe Acrobat market share.

But I do agree with you... as I said stealing is not fine and knowing that I'm a future to-be software developer it would definitely hurt the business, that's why I like to buy all the software that I regularly use/plan to use.

Here is my recent Affinity order for example:

image.png.4778fd6d2faa703cac080ccbb5a496a3.png 

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Martin Ferenec,

We appreciate your feedback here regarding Affinity, many thanks for this!

We can't however allow your comments regarding pirating Adobe here, as we do not tolerate this - with the Affinity software or any other paid for software.

I have edited your above comment to remove this and I must ask that you refrain from such statements in the future if you wish to continue posting here.

I did not mean to break any rules so I truly am sorry for that 😅