You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Allow for importing and exporting curves

• 1 month later...

You can record a macro which will add a new Curves Layer, then adjust the parameters to you requirements.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

33 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

You can record a macro which will add a new Curves Layer, then adjust the parameters to you requirements.

John

Thanks, but that's not what this is about. We want to be able to specify the curve manually in a text editor using numbers (as for PhotoShop, GIMP) and import this file in Affinity curves.
I have computational curves I'd like to use. Others would also like to backup and restore curves. This feature is available in almost all editing software so would be nice to have it in Affinity as well.

3 hours ago, bbartlomiej said:

This feature is available in almost all editing software so would be nice to have it in Affinity as well.

Agreed...though for me, it wouldn’t just be nice, it’s necessary. I was supplied .acv curves for my work that took someone else hours to develop through printing trials. Much as I’d like to, it doesn’t make sense for me to switch to a software that requires all that work to be redone. Digital negatives require curves that aren’t based on the visual appearance of the image, but rather the amount of UV light blocked by the pigment printed at each pixel on the negative. So the curves must be specified using coordinates, and as bbartlomiej said, it doesn’t appear Affinity provides for that.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2021 at 9:15 AM, SantaFeCam said:

Agreed...though for me, it wouldn’t just be nice, it’s necessary. I was supplied .acv curves for my work that took someone else hours to develop through printing trials. Much as I’d like to, it doesn’t make sense for me to switch to a software that requires all that work to be redone. Digital negatives require curves that aren’t based on the visual appearance of the image, but rather the amount of UV light blocked by the pigment printed at each pixel on the negative. So the curves must be specified using coordinates, and as bbartlomiej said, it doesn’t appear Affinity provides for that.

Wow.  I have the exact same need!  I am working on a cyanotype process and need to import ACV curves and was really disappointed that it wasn't an option in Affinity.  I am not sure what to do right now.  I can delay my project for a while I guess, but if this isn't going to be added I need to find an alternative.

• 1 year later...