You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Control setting tempo and reverse tempo for vector brushes do not work

PaRunk

Hello Affinity Team,

i just tried out the different settings of the control for the vector brushes. I noticed that the setting tempo and tempo reverse somehow doesn't work.

According to the information in the help, you should be able to control the size variation and opacity when using a mouse. No matter which setting and speed I use with my mouse, nothing changes. When using this setting, the brush size and opacity remains at the average value of the settings calculated by the program.

Either I am doing something wrong or the settings Tempo and Tempo reverse do not work.

• Staff

Hi PaRunk,

Have you made sure you've changed the Controller setting on the context toolbar to 'Velocity', and also ensured your brush contains a Size Variance of something that isn't 0%?

It is working for me - it also helps if you attach screenshots/video footage of the current settings you're using/behaviour you're getting!

Hello Sean P,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've already tried them all. When I use the pencil tool, it works. Although I have to say that the effect is very small and not as good as with a graphics tablet and the print function. But when I use the vector brush, it does not work.

I have just created two videos where I show everything exactly as I set it.