You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preset selection in "Adjustments"

Are you aware of the Adjustment Panel/Presets Thumbnails? When you add a preset to an adjustment, this is where they go. If you don't see the Adjustment Panel, go to View>Studio>Adjustment. The default location is to the left of the Layers Panel

adjustment_preset.JPG

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

3 hours ago, Ron P. said:

Are you aware of the Adjustment Panel/Presets Thumbnails? When you add a preset to an adjustment, this is where they go. If you don't see the Adjustment Panel, go to View>Studio>Adjustment. The default location is to the left of the Layers Panel

adjustment_preset.JPG

Yes I am aware of the adjustments panel because that is how I select my presets currently 😅 but it would be quicker if they had a drop down menu next to the add button.

6 hours ago, Martin Ferenec said:

Yes I am aware of the adjustments panel because that is how I select my presets currently 😅 but it would be quicker if they had a drop down menu next to the add button.

But if you were to use the adjustment panel to add your new adjustment you can actually see the effect the preset would have, which you wouldn't from a pull-down such as you have suggested :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Two thumbs up for including relevant presets in their associated panels. I suggested this quite a while back, but it never gained any significant traction. The way to answer Walt’s concern, obviously (to me, at least), is to include the previews in the list of presets - not just as a drop-down menu. I included a mock-up, which I have also shown below.

1243372032_NewCurveswindow.thumb.jpg.02948bf64bc80fccdd94b6eaf6178acb.jpg

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17