You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer looking for some Illustration advice

Hallo, I've only been on designer a week so am a little clueless on the most efficient techniques for 3D.  These icing droplets on my Mint chocolate letter C look like they are hovering flying saucers.  I have tried the Fx method but it seems to fall a little short of attempting to make these droplets look like they are stuck to the letter C.  Can anyone enich my learning and help me here please? If you have a moment to spare.  thanks.

Capture.PNG.a96f91fe722180a86370682331278e4d.PNG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

It's a really good start, but to improve I'd suggest looking at some reference photos.

Also...

1. Consistency in lighting.
    The reflections should all be pointing towards the same light source.
  2. Contact shadows.
    Whenever two things touch there is going to be a shadow at the join.
  3. Variety.
    All the droplets are exactly the same shape, and in a flat plane parallel to the viewer/screen. Which looks too perfect.
  4. Specular colour.
    The reflected light on the droplets is too white. It should pick up some of the colour of the material itself.

Here's an example of an illustration that shows these points in action...

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/lollipops-set-colorful-cake-pops-on-570081067

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Thankyou Aammppaa, points taken.

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.