Patrick Connor

(Re)Testing Download Content In My Account

1 hour ago, DanG said:

Could you please upload you crash report here when you get a chance? Thanks a lot

Done. I provided two, but I think the one I wrote about above is the one with the later timestamp. I'm not sure what the other crash, a few minutes earlier, was about.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.979 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.971 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.967 Beta

8 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

In both cases, it appears that your computer has run out of memory while attempting to install sync'd assets.

Thanks, Tom.

-- Walt

Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.979 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.971 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.1.979 and 1.9.1.967 Beta

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

What's your disk space like @walt.farrell? Generally you shouldn't run out of memory, unless your drive that contains the swap file has very limited space.

Good question, Mark. First, I have 16 GB of physical memory.

I have 24.3 GB free on C:, according to File Explorer, which is where Windows has put the paging file.

According to Windows, I currently have 10752 MB allocated to the paging file, and a total of 35710 MB of available space.

As an experiment, I just closed Publisher beta, renamed the 1.0 (Beta) folder, and started Publisher beta again. After signing in to My Account, none of the purchased content was available (as expected) and all showed that it could be downloaded. I told it to download everything.

By the time the last pack (Abstract Paint) finished downloading, Publisher's virtual storage usage was at about 8356 MB. But the downloading and installation finished successfully, though I did have to restart that pack as it had a communication failure about halfway through the 2.9 GB download.

I closed Publisher again, and restarted it. It crashed before fully initializing, but on the next startup was OK. I've uploaded the .dmp file to the Dropbox above, in case it's of use.
01162886-1699-40ad-a7a8-c45018362e80.dmp

-- Walt

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Good question, Mark. First, I have 16 GB of physical memory.

I have 24.3 GB free on C:, according to File Explorer, which is where Windows has put the paging file.

According to Windows, I currently have 10752 MB allocated to the paging file, and a total of 35710 MB of available space.

As an experiment, I just closed Publisher beta, renamed the 1.0 (Beta) folder, and started Publisher beta again. After signing in to My Account, none of the purchased content was available (as expected) and all showed that it could be downloaded. I told it to download everything.

By the time the last pack (Abstract Paint) finished downloading, Publisher's virtual storage usage was at about 8356 MB. But the downloading and installation finished successfully, though I did have to restart that pack as it had a communication failure about halfway through the 2.9 GB download.

I closed Publisher again, and restarted it. It crashed before fully initializing, but on the next startup was OK. I've uploaded the .dmp file to the Dropbox above, in case it's of use.
01162886-1699-40ad-a7a8-c45018362e80.dmp

Thanks Walt. Do you have a link to that dump file, it's just showing as text here.

34 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks Walt. Do you have a link to that dump file, it's just showing as text here.

I uploaded to the Dropbox link that DanG provided a few posts upstream, as I did for the prior two dump files.

-- Walt

10 minutes ago, mink said:

Hi @Patrick Connor

Those are not showing at my account:

• Studio Retouch Brush Pack
  • DAUB BlackBox Brush Pack

Thanks, yes we have not rolled out downloadable versions of all content (some we will not be able to and will remain store downloads only). The current downloadable list is in the first post in this thread  and does not include either of those. Before 1.9 is released all downloadable content will appear, and any content that does not download directly (like fonts and image collections) will be listed as links back to the account. These are not implemented just yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

Hi,

I have to download again DAUB Watercolours & Washes (I did it with the last beta).

The other items are correctly shown as already and manually installed. An option to replace olders items by newly downloaded ones would be nice, preventing to delete the renamed version.

Photo and Designer beta .879 no problem to log into my account.

-- Window 10 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 6th gen 128 gb - Apple Pencil 1

No problems logging into my account, both in Photo, in Designer and Publisher.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979:   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.9.1.979:    Affinity Designer 1.9.1.979:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.9.1.971:

Affinity Publisher 1.9.1.979:  Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.9.0.979:    

Windows 10 Pro  (Version  20H2 Build 19042.844)

That looks normal, so in what way different @Mark Oehlschlager? (mine is a Windows Screenshot so there will be subtle differences for that)

If you mean the content, then yes I have more than you, giving me a scroll-bar. The triangles are clickable to pop-down/open

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

Designer Beta 1.9.5. login worked very well. In the Windows version there is an option to keep the downloadable content availble even if you sign out. On iPad content becomes unavailble when signing out, I wonder why.

-- iPad 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 6th gen 128 gb - Apple Pencil 1

Hi @AlainP,

Can you confirm please whether or not you were presented with the option to keep content available when you signed out? Our testing internally has found this to be working the same as desktop. Would you also mind telling me what content packs you had on the account?

Thanks a lot

Just curious... is it intentional that brushes will show up as downloadable in Publisher? Will content that's not for Publisher show up there anyway? Unless I'm missing something - I wasn't aware brushes was a Publisher feature. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I wasn't aware brushes was a Publisher feature.

But they can be used in the Personas.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 8 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

10 hours ago, DanG said:

Can you confirm please whether or not you were presented with the option to keep content available when you signed out? Our testing internally has found this to be working the same as desktop. Would you also mind telling me what content packs you had on the account?

Hi @DanG,

Yes I have the option to keep it available after signing out. I don't know if it was because it was the first time or I just that I read the pop up box too fast.... but works fine. Sorry...

Download available are: Frankentoon - TexturizerPro Brush Pack and Luminance Brush Pack