You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Re)Testing Download Content In My Account

• Staff

In preparation for rolling out the My Account feature when 1.9 is released, more Affinity Store items are now ready to test as streamable content. In addition to the Luminance Brush Pack (free to beta testers), 13 more Store items are now displayed in My Account (if you have purchased/claimed these items previously):

• Abstract ABC by Chroma Supply (added 9th Dec)
  • Abstract Paint Bundle by Chroma Supply (added 9th Dec)
  • Blast Powder Brushes by Ian Barnard
  • Chunky Markers Brush Pack
  • Concept Master Vol.1: Nature Brush Pack
  • DAUB Watercolours & Washes
  • DAUB PaintBox Brush Pack
  • Frankentoon - TexturizerPro Brush Pack
  • Grave Etcher Brush Pack
  • Inksy Street Art Brush Pack by Neil Ladkin
  • Luminance Brush Pack (free to all beta testers)
  • Tattoo Art Brushes by The Artifex Forge
  • Twisted Brushes
  • Xenon Brush Pack Bundle

Example of content showing in My Account dialog 

image.png

Please let us know if you have any of the these above in your store account, but they do not show up in the beta.

If you have already imported these content packs, they will not be automatically downloaded again. However, they will still be listed in My Account, and you will still have the option to install the streamed versions alongside your existing installation if you wish to test the feature. Just click the "i" icon alongside these packs for more information.

Not installed, offering to stream                                                                                   Pre-Installed manually from the store (streaming not offered)

AWS-1.jpg

NOTE: Your beta installation is separate from release builds. Don't worry if you have imported a purchase into a release installation and it does not show as installed in the beta; you can install it in the beta too and use it there as well.

Going Forward

Other content packs, not listed above, may still be imported in the usual way, but more content will also be made streamable too, as we near release. 

Later in the beta, the app will begin listing content that is not suitable for automatic streaming, such as fonts and large image collections, so that you can see all of your purchases at a glance. These will be added gradually in batches over the 1.9 beta cycle. Although this is largely cosmetic, we recommend that you update to the latest Beta so that your app knows how to handle this information when the changes roll out.

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 12.51.55.png

Content not streamable, but linked back to your store account (coming soon) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

(I moved your post)

Claudio60

That is strange and concerning. I will notify the developers

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

You might have them take a special look at DAUB Watercolours & Washes, Patrick.

For both Designer and Photo .869 beta:

1. That pack shows as available to download but not installed in the My Account panel.
  2. It may or may not start downloading automatically (though I have it set to download everything automatically with no size limit).
  3. Once it is done downloading, it does not appear in the Brushes panel (Photo, or Pixel Persona in Designer).
  4. If I close the application and restart it, the My Accounts panel again shows it as available to download but not installed.

My other purchased brush packs seem to behave properly.

(I think this was working properly on the last beta.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please can users of this beta look again at the My Account feature, where lots of behind the scene improvements and more content have been added

I checked this in AD and it lists what I believe is the packs that I have been given so far. I did not purchase and but some were part of a special offer.

After download they show up in the Pixel Persona, which seems correct. Among them are Frankentoon Texturizer - A ... D. Unfortunately they are listed not in alphabetical order due to the fact that they downloaded and installed in a different order. This is just a visual flaw but brings up the request to better organizing the brushes panel.

I also checked in APh and it behaved the same.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

16 minutes ago, dominik said:

This is just a visual flaw but brings up the request to better organizing the brushes panel.

I agree.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

(posts moved)

Thanks @dominik, noted

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Beta 1.9.0.869, went to my account and downloaded the two brush sets and everything worked fine. I disconnected choosing to have to content available and it is available. Works nice and smooth.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

Thanks Uwe, that text wrapping on "Lizenz anzeigen" looks a bit off. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Hi 

Thanks for the latest update/s

Tested the 3 brush sets I have from the store..all worked fine (installed/reinstalled). The only thing I noticed is that with the brush set containing a sub-brush content there is a delay in accessing the dynamics...(inksy Street Art).. I have to tap 3-4 times to get a response (might be my crappy old wacom!)..with pre-installed brushes (ammonite in this case... as its the latest!).had almost an instant response..

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

31 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks Uwe, that text wrapping on "Lizenz anzeigen" looks a bit off. 

Yes, now, that you say it.... i see it too 😂
I did not notice it at all...

BTW... with Designer and Publisher Beta it´s the same with this text wrapping.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You might have them take a special look at DAUB Watercolours & Washes, Patrick.

For both Designer and Photo .869 beta:

1. That pack shows as available to download but not installed in the My Account panel.
  2. It may or may not start downloading automatically (though I have it set to download everything automatically with no size limit).
  3. Once it is done downloading, it does not appear in the Brushes panel (Photo, or Pixel Persona in Designer).
  4. If I close the application and restart it, the My Accounts panel again shows it as available to download but not installed.

My other purchased brush packs seem to behave properly.

(I think this was working properly on the last beta.)

First, an apology. The brushes in DAUB Watercolours & Washes are installing correctly. I was confused by the naming of the collection in the My Accounts panel (and the fact that it was a collection) and the names of the individual brush packs that get installed.

And I have figured out (I think) some aspects of the issue with the collection being downloaded every time I start the Photo or Designer beta application. It is, I believe, related to the Papers.afassets file. That is what is being downloaded and installed each time the application starts.

Then, there is another odd thing happening.are a couple of other odd or interesting things happening:

1. The DAUB Papers assets show up in the Assets panel, but only after the panel is dragged free from the studio dock. Simply turning it off and on again via View Studio does not let the new assets show. Nor does closing the application and restarting it. Only dragging it out of the left studio dock lets them appear. The Assets panel can then be redocked, and the assets will remain.
  2. However, the next time the application is started, the DAUB Paper assets will disappear from the Assets panel, and they will be redownloaded again. Then one must undock the Assets panel again to get them to appear.

For awhile, it also seemed that Designer had corrected itself (possibly once I got the DAUB Papers to show in the Assets panel) and was not downloading the collection every time it started. But it has started doing that again.

Edit: And now, both Photo and Designer beta are behaving properly. DAUB Papers shows up in the Assets panel when they start, and they are no longer downloading the files upon startup.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
On 12/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, Claudio60 said:

Hi Patrick,  in beta 1.9.0.864 in My account content I installed  Luminance and Inksy street art  brushes but they disappeared  after updating to 1.9.0.869; no problem, I downloaded them again, I just wanted to let you know. Cheers

Hi Claudio,

At certain points during this beta cycle, as we improve certain parts of the feature, you may occasionally find you have to re-download your content or sign in again after upgrading to a new beta version. 1.9.0.864 -> 1.9.0.869 is one of those times.

Once we've released 1.9, this will stop happening as we will start carefully maintaining forward compatibility with all the innards of the feature.

But thank you for reporting it anyway, and sorry for the confusion!

Hi,
Just tested the brush import/account function in latest publisher beta...Installs but only installs into the Affinity Photo section of Studio Link...it that to be expected or should they install into the brush list of both apps?

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Just now, StuartRc said:

Just tested the brush import/account function in latest publisher beta...Installs but only installs into the Affinity Photo section of Studio Link...it that to be expected or should they install into the brush list of both apps?

Raster brushes would show up in the Brushes panel for the Photo Persona.

Vector brushes would show up in the Brushes panel for the Designer Persona.

-- Walt
PC:

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Raster brushes would show up in the Brushes panel for the Photo Persona.

Vector brushes would show up in the Brushes panel for the Designer Persona.

Thanks Walt!

Ah Ok...that would explain it...not awake today..too many blender tutorials!...I don't have any vector ones!...well only the ones I made!...but I can't download those!:)..not through this process anyway!
All good then....work fine for me then!

Publisher .874 beta (also noticed in one of the other applications in their current beta, but didn't mention as I wasn't sure):

1. After the install, I was not signed in to My Account.
  2. After signing in, content started downloading.
  3. Everything downloaded, but DAUB Watercolours & Washes showed the cloud symbol, rather than the "downloaded" symbol.
  4. I expanded the entry for DAUB Watercolours & Washes, and it showed all the brushes as installed.
  5. However, for the Papers assets pack it showed:
    image.png.66105642068073bddc9a6b8dc3ae1747.png
  6. I had not installed it manually before. If it was previously installed it was installed by automatic download/install in the previous beta.
  7. If I click on the "i" icon for more information, I get:
    image.png.d3dcb6216db409ec191978ad82baec9d.png

8. The Papers assets do not show up in the Assets panel, despite the claim that it is already installed.

-- Walt
PC:

4 hours ago, Tom Lachecki said:

Thanks @walt.farrell. I suspect this was caused by some database changes made in this version. I think it's okay and shouldn't happen again, but if you could keep an eye out for it (particularly on your next upgrade) that'd be wonderfully helpful. :)

Thanks, Tom.

Some more information, from my other PC, where I just installed Publisher 1.9.0.863, let it download all my purchased content via My Account, then closed Publisher, installed 1.9.0.874, and let it download stuff again.

• After letting .863 finish, my Assets panel had assets for Abstract ABC and Abstract Paint and DAUB W&W Papers, with a size of 721,369KB as reported by File Explorer.
  • After starting .874, my Assets panel did not show any of those packages, and was only 301KB in size.
  • After signing in to My Account again, Publisher told me that Abstract ABC and DAUB W&W Papers had previously been installed manually, and offered to let me download them but said it would rename the old copy. Neither was actually present in the Assets panel at that point. Neither had been "manually" installed; only automatically by the .863 beta. Publisher did download Abstract Paint and add it to the Assets panel with no messages.

Edit: Later, I clicked on the icons to have Publisher .874 download Abstract ABC and DAUB W&W Papers. Both downloaded, and before I had time to close My Account Publisher crashed. Crash Report is available if you want it. Then I restarted Publisher, tried those two downloads again, and they worked properly.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
On 12/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, walt.farrell said:

Later, I clicked on the icons to have Publisher .874 download Abstract ABC and DAUB W&W Papers. Both downloaded, and before I had time to close My Account Publisher crashed. Crash Report is available if you want it. Then I restarted Publisher, tried those two downloads again, and they worked properly.

We probably should take a look at this, yes please. I can ask QA to set up a Dropbox link for the crash dump?

43 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

We probably should take a look at this, yes please. I can ask QA to set up a Dropbox link for the crash dump?

Sure.

-- Walt
PC:

sofar in Photo every thing downloaded perfect. 

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.