You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Re)Testing Download Content In My Account

@Patrick Connor  Back from other stuff.  No, there is not a "manual refresh" item, but there is a "Re-sync library" which I clicked on and got the message "Sync failed at 4:31 pm".   I had closed down my Mac (High Sierra), v. 10.13.6)  and returned to it, restarted it, and opened Designer Beta.  No change at all from 3 hours ago.

HOWEVER, I decided to test the download of 1.9.0.23 on my Macbook Pro (Big Sur, M1 chip).  The download work beautifully and My Account does too.  Not only that, but I have 15 brush/etc. packs listed -- several more than in Affinity Photo on the iMac, and including the Luminance Pack as able to be downloaded and which I successfully downloaded.  Nice brushes!!

My next stop is to try downloading Photo to the Macbook.  Hope this helps!   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

@Patrick Connor  Have now downloaded Photo Beta 1.9.0.216 to the Macbook (Big Sur, M1 chip).   Again, it was flawless.  My Account is working perfectly except for a rather strange thing.  I was offered 15 packs directly downloadable from my account in the Affinity Store, plus the Luminance Pack which also downloaded perfectly.  The strange thing is that for the DAUB Watercolors and Washes and the two Frankentoon packages (Neptune and Concept Master Vol 1) the download split the brushes up randomly in the brushes panel, rather than downloading them in correct order.  I have attached a screenshot of that part of the brushes panel for you to see.  I purposely used the "Download all" option to see whether it would work.  It did and with the M1 chip it took 4 seconds to download and install 5.44 GB.  Not bad!

As a further test, I purchased the Lightning Brushes pack just now from the Affinity store, and immediately went to the Photo Beta to check My Account.  It was there, and downloaded all contents to the Macbook (didn't try the Mac, High Sierra) within less than a second!

This is going to be a wonderful new feature!!!!!!!

365740848_ScreenShot2021-01-26at5_07_38PM.png.9ba1cee55fb90fe1760ee7db78a09aca.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.

28 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

In the Account window, the following do nothing when I click the Affinity icon to open it in the web browser:

- Free Macro Pack

- JR Macros

All others work correctly, linking to the website account.

I am surprised those have an icon to go the Store, as they installed automatically for me on Windows (where my setting is to install everything automatically).

But as an experiment, I uninstalled the Free Macro Pack via the My Account window, and now it has the icon for visiting the website. And, as you found, the icon does nothing. I don't know if it's significant, but the icon has a size under it, rather than the arrow that some other packs have, whose icon works.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
8 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

In the Account window, the following do nothing when I click the Affinity icon to open it in the web browser:

- Free Macro Pack

- JR Macros

All others work correctly, linking to the website account.

We seem to have got the logic wrong for the release candidate, where we tried to stop these being available to Designer and ended up blocking them in Photo too. Thanks for the heads up it has already been fixed for release. (Note I have moved your replies to the My Account specific thread)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi guys, 

I tried to test the feature after the initial release but failed to sign in to my affinity account. Now I decided to give it another try, the result is the same though. I am assuming one is supposed to use the affinity.store credentials, not the serif.com user. I can login to the store website but not to My Account in AfPub (The password you have entered is incorrect.). 

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

• Staff
14 minutes ago, Goner__ said:

Hi guys, 

I tried to test the feature after the initial release but failed to sign in to my affinity account. Now I decided to give it another try, the result is the same though. I am assuming one is supposed to use the affinity.store credentials, not the serif.com user. I can login to the store website but not to My Account in AfPub (The password you have entered is incorrect.). 

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

We have not heard of this as a problem. Without being explicit or posting it here, does your password contain any unusual unicode characters?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

9 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have not heard of this as a problem. Without being explicit or posting it here, does your password contain any unusual unicode characters?

Patrick,

nothing really out of the ordinary. Just dashes (separating groups of lowercase, UPPERCASE and numbers). I can try to change my password via "Forgot my password" for the sake of testing...

• Staff
3 minutes ago, Goner__ said:

I can try to change my password via "Forgot my password" for the sake of testing...

it would be appreciated if you don't mind

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

@Patrick Connor  Here is what appears to be a new wrinkle.   Using my Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6) I opened the Photo Beta 1.9.0.216 today and checked My Account.  I was sent directly to my account without a login panel (which I did have to fill out with the same Beta version using my MacBook with Big Sur) .  When I checked on one of my purchases, the download started, and then I was denied.   I have attached a screenshot.  Same thing happened with DAUB Watercolors & Washes, and other purchases.   I tried closing the Beta, and then opening it again.  Same thing.  No login panel, and inability to download my purchases. 

502196975_ScreenShot2021-01-27at1_37_41PM.thumb.png.702df4608d11cd07fa3cca6b4066e739.png

• Staff
6 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

Same thing happened with DAUB Watercolors & Washes, and other purchases.   I tried closing the Beta, and then opening it again.  Same thing.  No login panel, and inability to download my purchases. 

@Tom Lachecki were we rolling new code out today ?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
22 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

the download split the brushes up randomly in the brushes panel, rather than downloading them in correct order.

An unforeseen consequence of downloading many packs at the same time... We will make an improvement request to present downloaded contents as if they had been installed individually rather than all at once

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

An unforeseen consequence of downloading many packs at the same time... We will make an improvement request to present downloaded contents as if they had been installed individually rather than all at once

I noticed that when I was downloading everything at the same time, My Account showed percentages of progress simultaneously with every purchase.  Some were downloading at 5% while others were at 45%, etc.  I tried downloading the same purchases individually and they were perfect.   

• Staff
22 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

@Patrick Connor  Here is what appears to be a new wrinkle.   Using my Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6) I opened the Photo Beta 1.9.0.216 today and checked My Account.  I was sent directly to my account without a login panel (which I did have to fill out with the same Beta version using my MacBook with Big Sur) .  When I checked on one of my purchases, the download started, and then I was denied.   I have attached a screenshot.  Same thing happened with DAUB Watercolors & Washes, and other purchases.   I tried closing the Beta, and then opening it again.  Same thing.  No login panel, and inability to download my purchases. 

502196975_ScreenShot2021-01-27at1_37_41PM.thumb.png.702df4608d11cd07fa3cca6b4066e739.png

Please hit "Sign out" then sign back in.

Is it possible you previously used one of the early betas on this same Mac?

11 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

My Account showed percentages of progress simultaneously with every purchase.  Some were downloading at 5% while others were at 45%, etc.

If they're downloading simultaneously then they may naturally have different progress percentages because some are small downloads and some are huge. But that will strongly depend on which packs you're downloading.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

If they're downloading simultaneously then they may naturally have different progress percentages because some are small downloads and some are huge. But that will strongly depend on which packs you're downloading.

Yes, I know that.  The question I had was whether the fact that they were all downloading together could explain why the various brush packs were split up in my brushes panel.  See above screenshot.

32 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

Please hit "Sign out" then sign back in.

Is it possible you previously used one of the early betas on this same Mac?

No, I was not using a previous Beta.  I downloaded these RC candidate Betas on purpose to check My Account, per Patrick Connor's request.  Two new things have occurred.  My Photo Beta has vanished entirely from my Mac (can't find it in Finder, but it shows up on the Dock) and when I tried just now to download the very latest RC candidate for Publisher, I was presented with the login screen for My Account, filled it out, and then got the spinning beachball.  It never did stop spinning, and I simply Force Quit the app.  I then opened the Publisher Beta again, was not presented with the login screen, and was offered the opportunity to download exactly one of my purchases -- Lightning brushes.  Which I successfully did.  Except that when I tried the StudioLink option to test whether the brushes had actually downloaded, I was informed that I don't have Photo Beta.   Gremlins?

Update:  I deleted the Photo Beta, and downloaded it again.  This time I manually copied it to Finder>Applications and Publisher recognized it for Studio Link.  My Account in Publisher opens without the login panel.  Think I will take the dog out for a walk!!

• 2 weeks later...

After the official update of version 1.9, I was pleasantly surprised to find that some new resources were given away by the authorities, and at the same time I found a problem with disk space utilization for content downloads. 

Among the new resources given away, some resources are general resources that can be used by all three software, but after the resource download is completed, I find that the resources of the three software are stored separately, which leads to a waste of disk space utilization. 

For example, the following figure shows the "Spray Paint Textures by MiksKS" resource, which takes up close to 1GB disk space, and if the three software I own download it at the same time, it puts a lot of pressure on my disk space. :57_cry:
Snipaste_2021-02-05_18-34-45.thumb.png.d67a0c117492d4349d52d118e9dec893.png

Snipaste_2021-02-05_18-35-25.png.af738125899d2d7b1a324ed864925d9f.png

I might be able to store these resources in one place and invoke them through import and export. But I think the content download feature should make it easier for users to download and install purchased resources. So I think this is where the current content download function should be improved. It's not a bug, but it does have a big impact on me. 

Perhaps this problem can be solved by setting up a unified resource folder to store these resources and distinguishing the resource loading permissions of each software through the built-in parameters of the parameter configuration file or resource file. This is just my rough idea of a solution, and of course I don't understand the difficulty and cost of implementing this solution. But if it can be implemented and solved, does it mean that further upgrades of Studiolink, sharing of workspace between software and preference settings are possible (it would be great if you could, isn't it a pleasant surprise to find that when you install publisher, startup software, it automatically applies the configuration under your designer and photo roles)

On 1/18/2021 at 1:42 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Glitch Effects for Affinity by RetroSupply Co

As pointed out in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/133396-glitch-effects-for-affinity-by-retrosupply-co/  the Glitch Effects for Affinity by RetroSupply Co. does not automatically download. This seems a bit odd (or at least inconsistent with other Store content) because some parts of it (assets, brushes) could be downloaded automatically, even though some other parts would require manual download.

Just thought I'd check whether this was intentional, or a glitch :)

-- Walt
PC:

I see that if one goes to the Downloads part of their account at the Store, and clicks the Download button for some of the creative content, it doesn't download immediately any more.

Instead, it gives a page saying:

image.png.70793ea5f52ea11b7f2532fedd78ba72.png

That's an interesting way of helping users understand the new My Account function and encouraging them to use it.

However, for packs like Dirk Wüstenhagen - Fine Art Texture Collection it's wrong, as that pack can only be downloaded directly from the Store. If you go to My Account in the application you'll just be directed back to the Store. 

It would also be incorrect for some packs that have a mixture of content supported by My Account and content available only from the Store.

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 weeks later...

Still same problem in "My Account" with Photo iPad beta 1.9.1.223

When I log into "My Account" the list of available and downloaded content is displayed. After a few seconds, if I try to scroll the list it freezes. After a minute or two the list disappears completely. If I wait a few more minutes and try to scroll the column where the list should be, some items appears but they are far apart and I see sometimes 7 items, sometimes only 3 items. Then, after a minute or so, Photo crashes. I had the same problem with previous beta version. But sometimes it works fine.

I look like a server access problem. If so, Photo should not crash like that anyway.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
On 2/22/2021 at 1:24 PM, AlainP said:

Still same problem in "My Account" with Photo iPad beta 1.9.1.223

When I log into "My Account" the list of available and downloaded content is displayed. After a few seconds, if I try to scroll the list it freezes. After a minute or two the list disappears completely. If I wait a few more minutes and try to scroll the column where the list should be, some items appears but they are far apart and I see sometimes 7 items, sometimes only 3 items. Then, after a minute or so, Photo crashes. I had the same problem with previous beta version. But sometimes it works fine.

I look like a server access problem. If so, Photo should not crash like that anyway.

Hi Alain. I'm sorry you're still having this problem. I haven't given up trying to fix it, but it's proving difficult to reproduce. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it! Appreciate your patience.

• Staff
On 2/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, walt.farrell said:

As pointed out in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/133396-glitch-effects-for-affinity-by-retrosupply-co/  the Glitch Effects for Affinity by RetroSupply Co. does not automatically download. This seems a bit odd (or at least inconsistent with other Store content) because some parts of it (assets, brushes) could be downloaded automatically, even though some other parts would require manual download.

Just thought I'd check whether this was intentional, or a glitch :)

Thanks, it's intentional in this case. :)

1 hour ago, Tom Lachecki said:

Hi Alain. I'm sorry you're still having this problem. I haven't given up trying to fix it, but it's proving difficult to reproduce. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it! Appreciate your patience.

No problem. It only happens with the iPad version and after a few times I can download the content without any problem. Sometimes it works perfectly and some others it freezes, but I can always come back and download. And as I keep the items available once signed out..... I'm all set.

Thanks.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.