You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Re)Testing Download Content In My Account

• Staff
3 hours ago, AlainP said:

Restarted the iPad and it was logged in this time. I logged out and signed in right back. It worked, but when I started downloading some of the free content it froze and after a few minutes the error window popped up again.

Hi Alain - it sounds like downloading/installing one particular pack might be to blame here. Unfortunately I can't replicate it here - are you able to discern which one triggers the crash?

You found the culprit ! It stalled (and crashed) every time I tried to download "IOS 11 UI Kit". After restarting, I download all the ones in the list after this IOS 11 Kit, one by one. When I came back to "IOS 11 Kit", the only one left, it downloaded fine. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
1 minute ago, AlainP said:

You found the culprit ! It stalled (and crashed) every time I tried to download "IOS 11 UI Kit". After restarting, I download all the ones in the list after this IOS 11 Kit, one by one. When I came back to "IOS 11 Kit", the only one left, it downloaded fine. 

You're a star for saving me some late nights! Thanks for narrowing that down. We'll try to find out what's up with this pack.

4 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

You're a star for saving me some late nights! Thanks for narrowing that down. We'll try to find out what's up with this pack.

Well... the star has faded away quickly.... I'm sorry. When I signed in back it worked.. but all of a sudden it was completely frozen, I could not scroll the list anymore. 

Please note that I am running ipadOS 14.4 beta. I will make a test with my other iPad which is not running the beta version of ipadOS. 

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
Just now, AlainP said:

Well... the star has faded away quickly.... I'm sorry. When I signed in back it worked.. but all of a sudden it was completely frozen, I could not scroll the list anymore. 

Please note that I am running ipadOS 14.4 beta. I will make a test with my other iPad which is not running the beta version of ipadOS. 

I enjoyed it while it lasted :) 

Ok... too bad my other iPad (ver 6) is also running 14.4 beta 2. When I logged into my account with it, the list of downloads too a while to complete. Items appeared one by one with a delay of around 20 seconds between each. I didn't download anything and was able to scroll up and down the list.... but then it was frozen.

While I was testing it I was connected to my account with the 12.9 iPad and it was frozen after I uninstalled every pack.... all of a sudden, while I was working on the other iPad, the list of available download disappeared completely, but two items were still there, the "Free Macro Pack" and "Tom Chalkey -Fonts and Textures". I could scroll the list but there was a large gap between the two items listed. I logged out and signed back in... all items were there... but it was frozen again. It remain like that for a few minutes and then shuts down displaying the pop up saying that Designer had an error.

I wonder what else I could do to help.... don't stay up to late, a good night sleep will make you find all the bugs when you get up ! When we work from home we ususally work too much.

-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
4 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Ok... too bad my other iPad (ver 6) is also running 14.4 beta 2. When I logged into my account with it, the list of downloads too a while to complete. Items appeared one by one with a delay of around 20 seconds between each. I didn't download anything and was able to scroll up and down the list.... but then it was frozen.

While I was testing it I was connected to my account with the 12.9 iPad and it was frozen after I uninstalled every pack.... all of a sudden, while I was working on the other iPad, the list of available download disappeared completely, but two items were still there, the "Free Macro Pack" and "Tom Chalkey -Fonts and Textures". I could scroll the list but there was a large gap between the two items listed. I logged out and signed back in... all items were there... but it was frozen again. It remain like that for a few minutes and then shuts down displaying the pop up saying that Designer had an error.

I wonder what else I could do to help.... don't stay up to late, a good night sleep will make you find all the bugs when you get up ! When we work from home we ususally work too much.

Sounds like everything that can go wrong for you, is going wrong! I'm currently installing 14.4 beta 2 to see whether there's something in the OS's UI framework that's responsible. Thanks again for all your investigations!

Photo and Designer 1.9 beta RC1on Windows- Signing in My Account works very well. Installed and uninstalled content, go to store via browser.... no problem at all.

-- Macbook Air 15"

On 1/19/2021 at 2:08 PM, Tom Lachecki said:

Sounds like everything that can go wrong for you, is going wrong! I'm currently installing 14.4 beta 2 to see whether there's something in the OS's UI framework that's responsible. Thanks again for all your investigations!

Tested again this morning (Designer iPad), it worked fine three of four times in a row. I uninstalled one item and tried to reinstall it. I got an "error 403" for this item (Free Macro Pack). I shut down Designer and restarted it, I was able to reinstall the Free Macro Pack. Once the list disappeared and Designer crashed. The last time I tried, I was able to scroll the list for a minute or so and then it froze. I clicked on "Sign Out" and nothing happened. I waited a minute or two without touching anything and all of a sudden the Log out box appeared and was working fine. I shut down Designer and the iPad went into power saving mode. I turned on my iPad and the "Designer beta had an error" windows popped up. 

Yesterday I had no problem accessing My Account with Photo beta (iPad), today I can log in but I can't download anything. The little cloud with the down arrow in it is there, but when I click on it I can see a quick glimpse of the download process showing percentage for a fraction of a second. The cloud logo comes back and nothing download.

As it was working fine yesterday I wonder if it could be a problem accessing the server where the content is.... 

Just let me know if you want me to try something else.

-- Macbook Air 15"

@Patrick Connor

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process. This will have the advantages of you being able to stream any content you have purchased (or received for free from the Affinity store) directly to all your apps without having to manually install them.

I have to install the same brushes/whatever content in each app though, right? Content is not shared between apps (yet) ?

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

9 minutes ago, Jowday said:

I have to install the same brushes/whatever content in each app though, right? Content is not shared between apps (yet) ?

Content is not shared between the applications.

However, for Store purchases, you don't have to install them. The application can automatically download the purchased Brushes (Styles, etc.) and automatically install them for you.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
On 1/18/2021 at 11:32 PM, walt.farrell said:

Everything I have looks good to me, Patrick, except:

• Designer says it downloaded/installed the Free Macro Pack and the Live Filters Macro Pack.
  • Designer always shows Christi's Comix Toolbox with the cloud (download) icon, and claims the brushes were previously installed. Even when downloading them again, the cloud icon remains. Photo and Publisher are fine.
  • Photo downloads but does not install the .afstyles files nor the .afassets file from The Shizzle Style and Brush Pack.
  • Photo shows JR Macros: Channels (not on your list) as available for download, but any attempt to download it ends quickly, with no sign that it was successful (and no error message).

Thanks a lot Walt

Designer says it downloaded/installed the Free Macro Pack and the Live Filters Macro Pack.

Yep, can see that here as well, thanks a lot. I have raised a ticket with our devs.

Designer always shows Christi's Comix Toolbox with the cloud (download) icon, and claims the brushes were previously installed. Even when downloading them again, the cloud icon remains. Photo and Publisher are fine.

This one I can't reproduce. Was it only the brushes it claimed were previously installed? Did the other packs within the bundle work correctly?

• Photo downloads but does not install the .afstyles files nor the .afassets file from The Shizzle Style and Brush Pack.
  • Photo shows JR Macros: Channels (not on your list) as available for download, but any attempt to download it ends quickly, with no sign that it was successful (and no error message).

Again, both of these are behaving correctly for me. Are you also seeing the faulty behaviour in the other apps or is it Photo specific?

Thanks a lot

Dan

42 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

@AlainP I think this might be a memory consumption issue. It may be fixed. 🤞😀

Just logged in with Designer and I was able to scroll the list without problem, it seemed to be fixed..... but... when I clicked on "Sign Out" the confirmation pop up box was frozen. After a minute or so, Designer shut down and I had the pop up to share the problem ( I did a few times already) .

And it still does the same in Photo, it doesn't freeze but I can't download anything.

But both apps work very well, and that's the most important part for me.

-- Macbook Air 15"

49 minutes ago, DanG said:

This one I can't reproduce. Was it only the brushes it claimed were previously installed? Did the other packs within the bundle work correctly?

Thanks, Dan.

That report was with .891 on Windows. And yes, everything else in that pack that was downloadable was downloaded.

Today on .900, it's working correctly.

1 hour ago, DanG said:

Again, both of these are behaving correctly for me. Are you also seeing the faulty behaviour in the other apps or is it Photo specific?

Today, on .900, Photo handled both of those correctly.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

I first logged in and uninstall all content. Then:

Publisher 1.9.0.902 beta - Login to My Account and downloading content worked very well. Except fthat can't download Uplift - Epic Skies Overllays, the cloud logo stays on, and it doesn't download.

Photo 1.9.0.903 beta  - Login to My Account and downloading content worked very well.

Designer1.9.0.903 - Cannot dowload anything. The cloud logo reappears immediately and nothing downloads.

Note that with Designer beta on iPad I still can't get to download content as it freezes all the time. I don't know if it could be related.

-- Macbook Air 15"

Am I the only one with that problem ?

What happened after iPadOS 14.2 beta 2 installation?

-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
28 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Am I the only one with that problem ?

Perhaps, have you tried Ctrl+run and tick/check just the bottom option "Reset Account Data"? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@AlainP I couldn't replicate any issues on iPadOS 14.2 beta 2. I think your app's having memory problems. I've improved the memory usage and was going to ping you when the next beta is ready to try. :)

For your desktop versions, it would actually be helpful if you don't Ctrl+runup just yet, so we can see whether the update clears the problem.

Ctrl-Run seems to make a difference with my Windows version as didn't have any problem accessing My Account and download all that was available.

On the iPad it still freezes after a few second when I get to My Account. I don't have much installed on this iPad, and I have well over 200 GB free on it.. And I have the exact same problem with my ver.6 iPad, which also have a lot of free space.

I will uninstall Designer and Photo beta from my iPad and reinstall them and see what happens. 

I know what time it is in UK right now, you really don't have to answer me so quickly... 

-- Macbook Air 15"

Uninstalled both beta version from my iPad and reinstalled using Testflight. Logged into My Account with both apps, downloaded everything and logged out. Worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Now you can have a good night sleep !

-- Macbook Air 15"

On 12/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, Patrick Connor said:

In preparation for rolling out the My Account feature when 1.9 is released, more Affinity Store items are now ready to test as streamable content. In addition to the Luminance Brush Pack (free to beta testers), 13 more Store items are now displayed in My Account (if you have purchased/claimed these items previously):

• Abstract ABC by Chroma Supply (added 9th Dec)
  • Abstract Paint Bundle by Chroma Supply (added 9th Dec)
  • Blast Powder Brushes by Ian Barnard
  • Chunky Markers Brush Pack
  • Concept Master Vol.1: Nature Brush Pack
  • DAUB Watercolours & Washes
  • DAUB PaintBox Brush Pack
  • Frankentoon - TexturizerPro Brush Pack
  • Grave Etcher Brush Pack
  • Inksy Street Art Brush Pack by Neil Ladkin
  • Luminance Brush Pack (free to all beta testers)
  • Tattoo Art Brushes by The Artifex Forge
  • Twisted Brushes
  • Xenon Brush Pack Bundle

Example of content showing in My Account dialog 

image.png

Please let us know if you have any of the these above in your store account, but they do not show up in the beta.

If you have already imported these content packs, they will not be automatically downloaded again. However, they will still be listed in My Account, and you will still have the option to install the streamed versions alongside your existing installation if you wish to test the feature. Just click the "i" icon alongside these packs for more information.

Not installed, offering to stream                                                                                   Pre-Installed manually from the store (streaming not offered)

AWS-1.jpg

NOTE: Your beta installation is separate from release builds. Don't worry if you have imported a purchase into a release installation and it does not show as installed in the beta; you can install it in the beta too and use it there as well.

Going Forward

Other content packs, not listed above, may still be imported in the usual way, but more content will also be made streamable too, as we near release. 

Later in the beta, the app will begin listing content that is not suitable for automatic streaming, such as fonts and large image collections, so that you can see all of your purchases at a glance. These will be added gradually in batches over the 1.9 beta cycle. Although this is largely cosmetic, we recommend that you update to the latest Beta so that your app knows how to handle this information when the changes roll out.

Screenshot 2020-12-07 at 12.51.55.png

Content not streamable, but linked back to your store account (coming soon) 

hi something is not ok here in photo, but in publisher and designer it is ok

Item-0_und_Item-0_und_Item-0.jpg

• Staff
2 hours ago, AlainP said:

Uninstalled both beta version from my iPad and reinstalled using Testflight. Logged into My Account with both apps, downloaded everything and logged out. Worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

Now you can have a good night sleep !

Hehe it's my pleasure at any time! Glad it's working better.

Just noticed this in Photo .903 on Windows:

1. Click on one of the informational icons in the My Account content listing, for an incompatible pack.
  2. Explanatory dialog comes up.
  3. I can dismiss it by clicking the OK button, but not by clicking the Windows "X" icon.
  4. image.png.4637862fe7c6bd8922187b051b3c30a8.png

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.