You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Re)Testing Download Content In My Account

• 3 weeks later...

Affinity Photo for iPad beta 1.9.0.210, installation quick and smooth. Login to my account and download of the brush sets went as quick.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

There's an issue with asset packs such as the Papers in Daub Watercolors & Washes and the letters in Abstract ABC by Chroma Supply. And possibly others, but those are the two I've played with.

If installed via the new My Account processing, the assets show up in Publisher (and Designer and Photo) but they consistently do not work in Publisher. You can drag them to a page, but they show up as empty rectangles. The results are not as consistently bad in Designer and Photo, I think, but I did some of my experimenting before Christmas and didn't keep good notes.

Today, at least, they don't work at all when installed via My Account in Publisher (.887, but they also failed in the previous beta). They work perfectly if installed manually.

I can supply a copy of the .afassets file with both versions (My Account, and manual install) if you need them, but I'll need a Dropbox link to do so.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, DanG said:

If you double click on the asset though you can still place it, it is only the drag + drop method which seems to be affected.

I never knew about double-clicking an Asset to Place it. That's very good to know about, and I can confirm it works.

Thanks!

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Noticed today, that the RetroSupply Font Collection appears now in My Account inside the application. Nice, but wouldn't it be even nicer, when the fonts get directly downloaded instead of being redirected to the browser resp. to the Serif website resp. logging in and downloading there?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff
On 1/12/2021 at 9:11 AM, Joachim_L said:

Noticed today, that the RetroSupply Font Collection appears now in My Account inside the application. Nice, but wouldn't it be even nicer, when the fonts get directly downloaded instead of being redirected to the browser resp. to the Serif website resp. logging in and downloading there?

Thanks. We will certainly look into the viability of this in a future update, but 1.9.0 is getting towards release candidate stage now and so last minute changes will need to be be more cautious

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

We have made more of the existing store content available in the My Account option to all beta testers.

If you have already bought any of this content (or you have claimed any of the historical free content) that is listed below, then a refresh of your list in "My Account" should ensure it is accessible directly in your beta builds, and offer to install any you have not already installed.

• Christi‘s Comix Toolbox
  • Dirk Wüstenhagen - Fine Art Texture Collection
  • Eleni Debo Illustration Brush Pack
  • Emblem Graphic & Logo Templates by TheVectorLab
  • Frankentoon - TexturizerPro Brush Pack
  • Free Macro Pack
  • Glitch Effects for Affinity by RetroSupply Co
  • Grade UI Kit
  • Iconic Graphic & Logo Templates by The Vector Lab
  • iOS 11 UI Kit
  • Live Filters Macro Pack
  • Studio Retouch Brush Pack
  • The Shizzle Style and Brush Pack
  • Tom Chalky - Handcrafted Fonts & Textures
  • Uplift - Epic Skies Overlays

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Testing Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.9.0.212 - RC1) for Mac on my iMac running Catalina. When I click on the "My Account" button, nothing happens until I click it a second time, then the "My Account" window opens but it is empty (totally black).

FWIW, the "My Account" window works as it should in the the Mac 1.9.0.15 Designer beta.

BTW, I used the Auto-update to install this Photo beta over the previous 1.9.0.211 Mac one, if that makes any difference. My Account was working correctly in that older beta as well.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

34 minutes ago, R C-R said:

BTW, I used the Auto-update to install this Photo beta over the previous 1.9.0.211 Mac one, if that makes any difference. My Account was working correctly in that older beta as well.

Not sure it makes the difference. For me it was the first beta install and I have the same problem.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

I just tried the My Account feature (build 1.9.0.212 RC1 for macOS) and it only produces a blank dialog. It does not hang, i.e. I can dismiss it by clicking on the red X, but nothing is displayed.

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have made more of the existing store content available in the My Account option to all beta testers.

If you have already bought any of this content (or you have claimed any of the historical free content) that is listed below, then a refresh of your list in "My Account" should ensure it is accessible directly in your beta builds, and offer to install any you have not already installed.

• Free Macro Pack
  • Grade UI Kit
  • iOS 11 UI Kit

Everything I have looks good to me, Patrick, except:

• Designer says it downloaded/installed the Free Macro Pack and the Live Filters Macro Pack.
  • Designer always shows Christi's Comix Toolbox with the cloud (download) icon, and claims the brushes were previously installed. Even when downloading them again, the cloud icon remains. Photo and Publisher are fine.
  • Photo downloads but does not install the .afstyles files nor the .afassets file from The Shizzle Style and Brush Pack.
  • Photo shows JR Macros: Channels (not on your list) as available for download, but any attempt to download it ends quickly, with no sign that it was successful (and no error message).

-- Walt
PC:

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

• Free Macro Pack
  • Grade UI Kit
  • iOS 11 UI Kit

The Affinity Legacy brushes do not appear as "purchases".

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

4 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

Which brushes do you mean? The old ones from 1.6 and 1.7, from before the restructuring that took place in 1.7 and 1.8, and which Serif staff have made available via the forums or via the Spotlight article?

They would not count as purchased, but it would be an interesting idea to make them available as "free" content so they were easier to acquire.

-- Walt
PC:

Designer Beta RC ipad.

Once I logged in it shows "Registration complete", but the button at the bottom right "Go to My Account" does not work at all. After a few minutes, a window pops up showing that "Affinity Designer Beta" had a problem.  Then Designer shuts down.

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
5 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

You are correct - we are not including legacy packs in the My Account feature. However, they can still be downloaded and installed in the previous way.

I have added a list of newly supported downloadable content, but we recognise that it is not exhaustive in terms of what the store shows as "purchases". If you have purchased any of the packs I listed recently, those will now also be offered to you in-app for streaming. Some more content will appear on release, (and some will not be offered to stream into the application at this time).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

9 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Designer Beta RC ipad.

Once I logged in it shows "Registration complete", but the button at the bottom right "Go to My Account" does not work at all. After a few minutes, a window pops up showing that "Affinity Designer Beta" had a problem.  Then Designer shuts down.

Restarted the iPad and it was logged in this time. I logged out and signed in right back. It worked, but when I started downloading some of the free content it froze and after a few minutes the error window popped up again.

-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff
36 minutes ago, AlainP said:

Restarted the iPad and it was logged in this time. I logged out and signed in right back. It worked, but when I started downloading some of the free content it froze and after a few minutes the error window popped up again.

and the iPad has lots of free space?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

1 minute ago, Patrick Connor said:

and the iPad has lots of free space?

Yes, over 225 GB of free space. Signing in with both of my Windows version works very well. Sigining in with Photo beta works fine too.

-- Macbook Air 15"

16 hours ago, BeauRX said:

I just tried the My Account feature (build 1.9.0.212 RC1 for macOS) and it only produces a blank dialog. It does not hang, i.e. I can dismiss it by clicking on the red X, but nothing is displayed.

I have exactly the same problem.

• Staff
17 hours ago, BeauRX said:

Sorry about this - obviously something went awry! it will be fixed in the next build.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.