You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(Re)Testing Download Content In My Account

1 hour ago, DanG said:

Could you please upload you crash report here when you get a chance? Thanks a lot

Done. I provided two, but I think the one I wrote about above is the one with the later timestamp. I'm not sure what the other crash, a few minutes earlier, was about.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

In both cases, it appears that your computer has run out of memory while attempting to install sync'd assets.

Thanks, Tom.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

What's your disk space like @walt.farrell? Generally you shouldn't run out of memory, unless your drive that contains the swap file has very limited space.

Good question, Mark. First, I have 16 GB of physical memory.

I have 24.3 GB free on C:, according to File Explorer, which is where Windows has put the paging file.

According to Windows, I currently have 10752 MB allocated to the paging file, and a total of 35710 MB of available space.

As an experiment, I just closed Publisher beta, renamed the 1.0 (Beta) folder, and started Publisher beta again. After signing in to My Account, none of the purchased content was available (as expected) and all showed that it could be downloaded. I told it to download everything.

By the time the last pack (Abstract Paint) finished downloading, Publisher's virtual storage usage was at about 8356 MB. But the downloading and installation finished successfully, though I did have to restart that pack as it had a communication failure about halfway through the 2.9 GB download.

I closed Publisher again, and restarted it. It crashed before fully initializing, but on the next startup was OK. I've uploaded the .dmp file to the Dropbox above, in case it's of use.
01162886-1699-40ad-a7a8-c45018362e80.dmp

-- Walt
PC:

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Good question, Mark. First, I have 16 GB of physical memory.

I have 24.3 GB free on C:, according to File Explorer, which is where Windows has put the paging file.

According to Windows, I currently have 10752 MB allocated to the paging file, and a total of 35710 MB of available space.

As an experiment, I just closed Publisher beta, renamed the 1.0 (Beta) folder, and started Publisher beta again. After signing in to My Account, none of the purchased content was available (as expected) and all showed that it could be downloaded. I told it to download everything.

By the time the last pack (Abstract Paint) finished downloading, Publisher's virtual storage usage was at about 8356 MB. But the downloading and installation finished successfully, though I did have to restart that pack as it had a communication failure about halfway through the 2.9 GB download.

I closed Publisher again, and restarted it. It crashed before fully initializing, but on the next startup was OK. I've uploaded the .dmp file to the Dropbox above, in case it's of use.
01162886-1699-40ad-a7a8-c45018362e80.dmp

Thanks Walt. Do you have a link to that dump file, it's just showing as text here.

34 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks Walt. Do you have a link to that dump file, it's just showing as text here.

I uploaded to the Dropbox link that DanG provided a few posts upstream, as I did for the prior two dump files.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
10 minutes ago, mink said:

Hi @Patrick Connor

Those are not showing at my account:

• Studio Retouch Brush Pack
  • DAUB BlackBox Brush Pack

Thanks, yes we have not rolled out downloadable versions of all content (some we will not be able to and will remain store downloads only). The current downloadable list is in the first post in this thread  and does not include either of those. Before 1.9 is released all downloadable content will appear, and any content that does not download directly (like fonts and image collections) will be listed as links back to the account. These are not implemented just yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

No problems logging into my account, both in Photo, in Designer and Publisher.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

• Staff

That looks normal, so in what way different @Mark Oehlschlager? (mine is a Windows Screenshot so there will be subtle differences for that)

If you mean the content, then yes I have more than you, giving me a scroll-bar. The triangles are clickable to pop-down/open

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Designer Beta 1.9.5. login worked very well. In the Windows version there is an option to keep the downloadable content availble even if you sign out. On iPad content becomes unavailble when signing out, I wonder why.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

Hi @AlainP,

Can you confirm please whether or not you were presented with the option to keep content available when you signed out? Our testing internally has found this to be working the same as desktop. Would you also mind telling me what content packs you had on the account?

Thanks a lot

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I wasn't aware brushes was a Publisher feature.

But they can be used in the Personas.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

But they can be used in the Personas.

... if you have bought the other products!

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

10 hours ago, DanG said:

Can you confirm please whether or not you were presented with the option to keep content available when you signed out? Our testing internally has found this to be working the same as desktop. Would you also mind telling me what content packs you had on the account?

Hi @DanG,

Yes I have the option to keep it available after signing out. I don't know if it was because it was the first time or I just that I read the pop up box too fast.... but works fine. Sorry...

Download available are: Frankentoon - TexturizerPro Brush Pack and Luminance Brush Pack

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Just curious... is it intentional that brushes will show up as downloadable in Publisher? Will content that's not for Publisher show up there anyway? Unless I'm missing something - I wasn't aware brushes was a Publisher feature. 

If you own Photo or Designer I would expect them to be downloadable in Publisher. Otherwise, I would expect them not to show up, unless you've set the option to show content that does not apply. Then it would show up but tell you it's not applicable.

-- Walt
PC:

Photo 1.9.0.876, Publisher 1.9.0.874, Designer 1.9.0.876 .

All seemed  to install correctly on my main computer. When I try to register the app, after the "Please wait a moment" message is shown for a few seconds The app crashes. The system is running Windows 10.0.19042. I have16.0 GB memory and plenty of space on my C and D drives.

The second time that I ran the programs all seemed fine until I clicked on the my account icon. This opened the window which invites me to login. When I attempt to do so then the app crashes.

I have also loaded photo and publisher on to my laptop, which is a much lower spec machine. It all works perfectly there. I have logged out of my account on the laptop and closed the apps.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.