You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to efficiently set blending modes of a stroke?

AD has the great feature of live viewing of the blending modes as they are changed but the blue line showing the path covers the stroke.  Holding down the space key stops being able to change blending modes.  So the live mode is useless.

Again this program would be so much better/easier/friendly with a command to hide the bounding box and path indicators.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Agreed. I often hide the bounding box and have Illustrator set to select a path by clicking on the path itself. Warning for those who aren't aware, if you set that select a path by clicking on it preference, you won't be able to color a mesh patch, only the points.

• Staff

Hi Gear Maker, 

It is not currently possible to change the blend mode of a stroke. It has to be changed for the entire object, however someone has requested this feature before so it may be implemented in the future. In regards to hiding bounding boxes and path indicators this is another feature that has been requested before and got a reply from one of our developers. You can see more about that here. I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

In this case the objects happen to be stroke only, with no fill. So that wasn't part of the problem, I could see splitting these would be nice.  This time it was just that the stroke was hidden behind the blue line AD uses to show the path.

I'd just like to add that to use the live blending mode properly the path indicator/bounding box would need to be hidden more than a second or two.  At least I'm not fast enough to evaluate the results in 2 seconds always.

The AD team has done a great job of getting rid of the path indicator in many of the instances, but a toggled "hide" is really necessary.

I appreciate it.

Mike

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra