You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

text double?

larsh

Hi, what happened here? In a preword of a book with nine pages and some pics in it I found at the end of the text this text again – but an older version. By deleting the second version page by page (may be there is a way to mark the hole text) Afpub crashed. It´s ok now. But what was the mistake? Reg. lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Hi, left page is the latest text at the end (txt A). Right page is the start of the text, but an old version (txt B). I had the problem before, but did not think about, for there was other trouble.

Now, I want to delete the last page (txt C) and bring it in a new frame, so that changes in the main text A would not move into the last chapter. While deleting B Afpub crashed. After restoring, works fine, I delete in A the last paragraph-sign behind "Kunst". The I had was you see. Start of the old text A. That the pic is not correct is ok, I renamed it. 

I think in the *.afpub below the mistake is included. But the problem is not current; my new file is ok now. Thanks, lars

1068500899_Bildschirmfoto2020-12-07um09_04_16.thumb.png.325c6e258185e84ce887a2afc86ea01b.png

©LarsHennings.de-2020-AB-b.afpub

10 hours ago, larsh said:

(may be there is a way to mark the hole text)

When I press on mac the modifier keys SHIFT + FN + CMD and the right arrow key then the text cursor gets moved to the end of a text.
Accordingly it works to select all text until the end of a story when I place the text cursor at the first position and press SHIFT + FN + CMD + click the right arrow cursor. With such a selection (even invisible) I can delete the entire doubled content on page 11, the pinned images included.

10 hours ago, larsh said:

But what was the mistake?

Besides your issue I notice a strange visual occurrence and APub behavior which possible is related in causing issues:

• Go to page 11, the page where the text overflow starts.
• In the layers panel unfold the second text frame and double click any image.

–> This will make the UI jump to a different page + zoom in to the selected object, probably the virtual position of this object in a theoretically vertically endless text frame (< text overflow).

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi, das Markieren ist klar, war nur spontan falsch begonnen. Doch was mich besonders interessiert ist die Entstehung des doppelten und älteren Textes im Anschluss des ersten, richtigen. ich möchten solchen Fehler nicht noch einmal machen, womöglich bemerke ich den gar nicht. Deine Erklärung verstehe ich in Englisch leider nicht. Der Text ist jetzt fertig und ich will daran nicht mehr rühren; war ein grässliches Gefummel, weil zum ersten mal Text mit Bildern und Bildtiteln und Pinnen... Später mal mehr.

Eine Frage noch: ich finde den Schalter nicht wieder, mit dem Leerzeichen und Absatzmarken sichtbar gemacht werden. Dank, Gruss und alles Gute, lars

Die ungewollte Textkopie habe ich selbst noch nicht erlebt. Vielleicht du hast die Kopie versehentlich eingefügt (zB mit einem schnellen, versehentlichen cmd-a/cmd-v ?) und dann an der sichtbaren Kopie weiter gearbeitet.

Was ich oben meinte ist die virtuelle Position eines Bildrahmens aus der "unsichtbaren" Text-Kopie. Wenn du eins der Bilder im Ebenen-Fenster doppelclickst siehst du, welcher Seite es scheinbar zugeordnet ist. Wenn du es dann ausschneidest + einfügst wird es auch auf dieser Seite eingefügt. Das seltsame ist also, dass der unsichtbare Text (Überlauf) scheinbar virtuell programmintern auf die 'unteren' Seiten verteilt wird.

Sonderzeichen anzeigen: Menu Text > Sonderzeichen anzeigen (bzw. wie es auf deutsch heißt, vorletzter Menupunkt)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1