You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity (designer and photo) cannot open any cloud service - greyed out

Hello, 

i have just signed up for Affinity Designer and Photo on the iPad and neither application can access any cloud services. iCloud, oneDrive and other Cloud services are grayed out when I try to save a file.  Only save to iPad is offered in the preferences. 

Can you help? 

Thanks

Annette

• Staff

Outside of our apps are you able to access your cloud storage using the Files app? As our iPad versions use the Files app to access the various different locations. Also check to make sure that apps for your cloud services such as Google Drive, OneDrive are fully upto date and have been opened, some of them have to be opened to update Files with any new changes.

Hi Lee,

Thanks very much for getting back to me.  OneDrive, iCloud and Creative Cloud apps are up-to-date and have been opened. Since my last message, I have found that I can export to cloud services but I cannot use the persona export to do anything but back-up on my iPad.  In the general preferences the only backup offered is on my iPad but I would like the default save option to be set to OneDrive and cannot set this up. I have sent you a couple of screenshots to show you what I mean. Both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo are doing this.
Thanks

Annette

09460C0A-E342-44CC-B874-07175FE3BDA9.thumb.png.da4a570fdcf6dc2247d3c6ce7a76a529.png

DCCFC949-51D2-40AD-B6BE-8C657C45846C.thumb.png.806173f5da5a56a8c82c53a7807b4781.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having similar problems - when I choose export, Google Drive is grayed out, although other apps can save to it.

I contacted google support and they told me

Our higher support said that Google Drive is working as intended. The problem is with Affinity Designer app. Our higher support recommends to contact the support for this app.

Any chance of a fix? Other apps work fine so I think this is an Affinity problem!

• 7 months later...

Plus 1.

Can’t import or export to Google Drive from inside Affinity Photo 1.10.252. I’m on an 12.9 inch M1 iPad Pro with iPadOS version 14.7.1.

If I am on Google Drive and select the photo, I can share it to Affinity Photo and work on it. Then, when trying to export it, Google Drive is grayed out and can’t be selected.

Google Drive is added as an iPad Files “Location” and the app is current.
Google Drive is not showing within Affinity Photo as a Default Save location in the settings drop down.

Please discuss ideas and solutions. 

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 3.16.40 PM.png

On 12/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mud Mermaid said:

but I would like the default save option to be set to OneDrive and cannot set this up

Feature not yet available 🙁

On 12/9/2020 at 6:42 PM, Mud Mermaid said:

but I cannot use the persona export to do anything but back-up on my iPad

When in Export screen, tap the share icon at bottom left of screen to get other export location options.🙂

BBEDE28B-CD76-4403-8FAC-0C80A82D610A.png

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, heartstonks said:

+1

I can open affinity designer files using the open from cloud (which will allow me to save said file back to the cloud), but I don’t see an option to create a blank canvas that’s saved to the cloud. Also export persons doesn’t let me select OneDrive cloud locations.

1. iCloud demo.
2. Onedrive demo.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help