You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity and Capture One 21 Beta

Hi There:

I use Capture One 20 for my raw editing and image processing, and Affinity Photo for pixel editing, etc. This is all under Windows 10 (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, OS Build 19042.662, Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0). I recently signed up to be a beta tester for C1 21 and have played with it a bit. This thread won't violate the beta NDA. This morning I started Affinity Photo (1.85.703) and when I went to open a .jpg file, it crashed. I tried other jpg files, a tiff file, and even creating a new document. It crashed every time. I went to the Affinity site, re-downloaded the install file and ran a repair installation. Hard booted the computer. Still crashed. I tried opening a file in Affinity Designer. It crashed. Downloaded the install file...

The only other installation I've done recently is the C1 21 Beta program, so I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to uninstall the C1 21 Beta (I still have C1 20). Restarted the computer and Affinity works fine. I haven't yet tried reinstalling the C1 21 Beta program, but thought someone might like to know.

Mike.