You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thumbnails not showing up in asset panel.

Hello,

The thumbnails are not showing up in  the asset panel, instead I get those colored thumbnails.

I added those cutouts all in one go from a layer stack, and they just came like this (except the last one). The other cutouts in other categories do have the thumbnails.

How can I get the thumbnails back?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am on windows 10.

image.thumb.png.acfc3781599ebfae14ae3193fcd04808.png

image.png.0c85e71f94011cc19ccf3718bc9b1530.png

23 minutes ago, praynat said:

I added those cutouts all in one go from a layer stack,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Can you provide a bit more information? How did you create the layer stack, and how did you add from the stack to assets?

Can you provide some of the cutouts you used that had the problem?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi walt.farrell

I did "File, New Stack..." then chosed all the cutouts and it imported all the png in one group. Then I selected all the layers (inside the group) and in the asset Panel I did "add from selection".

I cannot share the cutouts because I do not remember what are there licence.

Edit- I figured out why, when I imported the stack there is an option to "Automatically align image" (set to perspective) and also "Live alignment". I had both of them checked so when it imported them it also added a live filter (perspective) to each layer and it seems that when I then transferred them to the asset panel it took the thumbnail of that filter.

So I found two solutions: or to turn off the live filter option (or to apply it afterwards) or to turn off "Automatically align image" option. I tried both but it seems that the first option crops some of the thumbnails so the second option is better.

Thanks Anyways! 

You're welcome. Good that you figured it out, and thanks for the info.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1