You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Use pressure and tilt for brush size

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to use pressure and tilt simultaneously for controlling brush size? I currently have set up my brush to use tilt for controlling the size, and when I need pressure I turn on the 'force pressure' button, that way I can switch back and forth. However, in Procreate it is possible to use pressure and tilt simultaneously for controlling brush size, so was wondering if Affinity could as well? If not, is there possibly a shortcut or gesture that can be set up for the 'force pressure' button?

Louis

• Staff
On 12/6/2020 at 8:37 AM, LouisV said:

I was wondering if it's possible to use pressure and tilt simultaneously for controlling brush size?

Hi @LouisV,

I'm not aware of a way to do this.  At the moment we can only set one Controller for the brush.  I'll leave this here for now, as someone may be aware of a trick that i'm not but otherwise i'll move this to Feature Requests :)  

7 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @LouisV,

I'm not aware of a way to do this.  At the moment we can only set one Controller for the brush.  I'll leave this here for now, as someone may be aware of a trick that i'm not but otherwise i'll move this to Feature Requests :)  

Hi @stokerg,

Thank you for your answer. I did find a way of making it work by using sub-brushes, but had to do it on the desktop version to then transfer it to my iPad. However, if multiple controllers could be set for brush size in the future, that would be wonderful! Also, is there a reason why sub-brushes are supported on the iPad but can not be created on the iPad? Would love to see that feature included in the iPad version as well!

For those interested, here is an example of my prototype brush. All these strokes are done within one brush stroke each. So now I can use pressure as well as tilt for brush size without having to switch on 'force pressure'.

Pencil_Test.jpg

Edited by LouisV