You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linux support

You're competing with Adobe and you're missing out on an obvious opportunity.  Adobe doesn't support linux, and it's nearly 2021 so they probably never will.  You can be the one that supports linux.  Start with Ubuntu, they're the most established, they'll tell you how to easily monetize your application. 

And don't just point at gimp as a reason not to compete, because you offer products that compete with more that just photoshop.

Adobe left a gap. Fill the gap. Duh.

Edited by Bog

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

5 hours ago, Bog said:

Yea that FAQ entry doesn't add anything here.

Hello @Bog and welcome to the forum.

Since you are new here you may not have noticed that there is an extensive and constantly active discussion about Linux support over at the Affinity Suite forum. There alone are more than three threads with currently 56, 32 and 14 pages of discussion (a total of almost 2500 postings). I kindly suggest you (and anyone else) to join the discussion over there instead of continuing this thread in this forum here.

You find these here: 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/56-feedback-for-the-affinity-suite-of-products/

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

7 minutes ago, dominik said:

Hello @Bog and welcome to the forum.

Since you are new here you may not have noticed that there is an extensive and constantly active discussion about Linux support over at the Affinity Suite forum. There alone are more than three threads with currently 56, 32 and 14 pages of discussion (a total of almost 2500 postings). I kindly suggest you (and anyone else) to join the discussion over there instead of continuing this thread in this forum here.

You find these here: 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/56-feedback-for-the-affinity-suite-of-products/

Cheers,
d.

Thanks will do.