You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

High Pass Live Filter causes Distortions, 1.9.0.869

I wanted to use the High Pass Live Filter to apply High Pass Sharpening to a photograph. Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with this Live Filter as it introduces distortions when merged to a new layer or when exported. The attached screenshots as well as an exported image should clarify what I mean. There are no distortions introduced with the standard High Pass Filter.

Screenshot 2020-12-05 142558.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-05 142619.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-05 142651.jpg

20201128_Zuerich_Paradeplatz_bad.jpg

Looks like it has something to do with OpenCL hardware acceleration. As soon as I disable it the distortions are gone (when merging layers as well as when exporting). And it seems I'm not the only one who has been experiencing such issues with OpenCL:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/129141-random-squares-at-export/

Btw I changed the title as the issue is still present in the latest beta.

I don't know your computer specs but here it works without any problem.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.