You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new. A possible way to get organized: About a 20 images were copied and pasted into Affinity Publisher from a microsoft word program created in 2004. Most are jpegs. I am wondering if I should take screen shots of my Affinity Publisher pages and crop the images as png, put them into a file on my desktop. Will png links work in my book? Should I  convert my images into tif files? I have 120 images total. Book is 8x10 with 168 pages.

I have about three months into this. I never would have gotten this far with Indesign. I would be grateful for suggestions or criticism.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Steverinos

I believe I have replaced all of my copy and paste images from Microsoft Word into my Affinity Publisher document.   I may have missed deleting a few images in Affinity Publisher that originated from a word document.

Is it okay to convert the Affinity Publisher document to PDF and save the original affinity publisher document? Can I log out after saving the Affinity Publisher document and correct them with the the image placement tool and jpg later?

Is there a way to check for doc images before I shut down, log out of Affinity, or convert to a PDF? 

Edited by Steverinos
typo

3 minutes ago, Steverinos said:

I believe I have replaced all of my copy and paste images from Microsoft Word into my Affinity Publisher document.   I may have missed deleting a few images in Affinity Publisher that originated from a word document.

The Resource Manager should tell you everything you need to know about the status of the images in the document.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 month later...

New Issue similar problemI am using links. Currently the resource manager reads:  status: missing . placement: Linked

I did a search on my iMac for the missing link and I found it in a folder within a folder on my desktop.

I also have embedded images.Is it okay to use a combination of embedded images and linked images? This is for a book. The majority of images are linked.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 11.48.07 AM.png

On 12/13/2020 at 2:10 PM, Xzenor said:

I don't understand the problem.

You have the images in an affinity publisher file. Why not just keep'm there?

Yeah I am not sure of the problem either. If I had a Word file with images I would simply save the Word file as PDF and place it in Indesign/Publisher. I would crop in Indesign/Publisher as needed. No need to save as PNG or any other format, you can use the PDF from Word. If you are copying and pasting and embedding the files (not something I am a fan of but it works) then they are in the Publisher file, again no reason to export as anything.  Sounds like there is some over thinking here.