You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

being a newbie to affinity photo I tried to follow the Affinity Photo-cutting out video  with an own photo.

Everything went fine, masking was in fact very easy and I succeeded in copying the masked area of the photo.

But as I pasted it into another photo, there was no way to resize or turn it in any way, may it a photo or a new Document. It was always pasted without any anchors, where I could turn, resize, move up or down the object. Really annoying compared to what could be seen in the movie,

Can anyone give a hint - I viewed the video over and over, looking if I could find any clicked option - nothing to see.

Btw. searching the forum I didn't find anything about cutting except for AD.

It could be helpful if the questions resp. answers could have a tag AP or AD

Greetings from Berlin

docesen

• Staff

Hi docesen,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Make sure you have the Move Tool selected (the black arrow) then click on the photo to select it. The bounding box control handles should appear.

If not make sure the layer is slected in the Layers panel and that it isn't locked (click on the padlock icon on the right of the layer's name if it's locked to unlock it).