You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been trying to export a vector file as an eps file from Affinity Designer, so it can be laser cut. For this the eps file needs to be in RGB colour, which I set up in the document settings. On sending it to be laser cut though, it the eps file was returned saying it was in CMYK colour format. Does the format change for export?

I can't see any way of setting the colour format during export, only in the document setup.

Is there any way of making sure that it can be exported with its RGB colour profile?

I've attached the example file and exported file:

Circle test.afdesign

Circle test.eps

I've been trying to export a vector file as an eps file from Affinity Designer, so it can be laser cut. For this the eps file needs to be in RGB colour, which I set up in the document settings. On sending it to be laser cut though, it the eps file was returned saying it was in CMYK colour format. Does the format change for export?

I can't see any way of setting the colour format during export, only in the document setup.

Is there any way of making sure that it can be exported with its RGB colour profile?

I've attached the example file and exported file:

attachicon.gifCircle test.afdesign

attachicon.gifCircle test.eps

Hi gjb, 

Welcome to the forum.  :)

What export setting did you choose? 

The other thing you may need to check is what level eps it has to be - the default is level 3, but it may need to be level 2. 

I chose 'For Export' & it appears to have kept the original RGB of the AD file. 

Here's the resulting eps: 

Hope this helps. 

Paul. 

Hi, thanks.  :)

I used the same settings as in your screenshot, but with postscript level 2 instead - I think that's what they require it to be.

I don't really know how to check the eps file for its colour profile though. When I put any of those eps files back into affinity it says it 'assigned your working profile (1998 RGB)' because the files were 'unprofiled'. The only reason I know my file was still in CMYK is because Ponoko (the laser cutting service I'm using) sent my file back to me telling me it was in that format.

Is there a way of checking which colour profile the eps has? 

Thanks,

George