You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Contour not complete / enclosed

Hey guys,

sorry in advance, I'm not sure if I'm using the right terms as I'm not an english native.

My problem is that i have a custom shape and when I want to apply an outline/contoure to the shape I get these lines. I don't know what I'm looking for, I didn't find any solutions on Google. Please look at the screenshot. I'm sure you experts know whats wrong.

image.thumb.png.816f5032179c664fc339e85eee873576.png

Thanks guys! 

Edited by SuperSmasher

This looks like a glitch, perhaps caused by having multiple nodes at the same / very similar locations. I would have to examine the file to be sure.

I am not sure why you have so many short straight lines approximating a circle. Was this shape exported from a different piece of software?

I'd recommend redrawing this part of the image with the ellipse tool so that you get a clean line with as few nodes as possible.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

On 12/4/2020 at 8:17 PM, Aammppaa said:

This looks like a glitch, perhaps caused by having multiple nodes at the same / very similar locations. I would have to examine the file to be sure.

I am not sure why you have so many short straight lines approximating a circle. Was this shape exported from a different piece of software?

I'd recommend redrawing this part of the image with the ellipse tool so that you get a clean line with as few nodes as possible.

Thanks a lot! You were right. It was not a perfect circle anymore since I imported the shape from Inkscape to AD. And because of that the outline went crazy. I made a new circle and unified it with the shape and now it's good. Made me aware of other issues with the document. Thanks for that aswell!