You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to create a curved text box, so that text along many lines (for example 5) all follow the same curved path?

I am able to create a path for text along a curve just fine, but at the end it doubles back on itself, where I need several lines to follow that same shape.

Creating a text frame from a shape just keeps the text straight but fits it to within the shape, which isn't what I'm after either.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

41 minutes ago, Ami_M said:

I am able to create a path for text along a curve just fine, but at the end it doubles back on itself, where I need several lines to follow that same shape.

Just copy/save multiple times (another 4 times) that curved shape text then and arrange it underneath and edit the other lines text contents. - I don't think that curved text supports any boxed multiple lines paragraphs.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1. Draw your curve.
  2. Duplicate it a number of times.
  3. Select all the copies.
  4. Layer > Geometry > Merge Curves.
  5. Add text to path.
  6. Use the handles to limit the text to the top of the path.

The attached file has history saved, so you can step through what I did.

Text Path Multiple Curves.afdesign

Worth noting that the curves remain editable, so you can add / remove lines as needed, and reshape.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

5 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

The attached file has history saved, so you can step through what I did.

Very useful ... but I think only the beta will open it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Oops. Forgot I was testing the 1.9 beta. 

Here is a version for 1.8 

However, this version seems to leave one letter on the preceding line, no matter where I put the handles...?

A bug that has been fixed in 1.9 perhaps.

Text Path Multiple Curves (Retail).afdesign

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro