You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hairline / gap. Old problem

I faced the old AD problem of hairline \ gap
like in

I read most of such topics. any solutions works fine. Problem still exist after export. May be only "force pixel alignment" delete a few "gaps" but not all and in other situation they still visible. and of course even if some of gaps will hone after export, while working on canvas - this gaps are annoying and then try to guess how many of them will stay.
This problem exist since 2015... Top app and so frustrating. Did not find any updated about this

Exported png and source file for testing. Here separated white blocks, and in some cases where they snapping each other "gap" can exist after export, some time no
 test.aftemplate
test.png.07ea314ea2b2cd22f1aba65b423512c2.png

IMG_6F7FEC894F66-1.thumb.jpeg.7b724d43418c191de25eb157c9862479.jpeg

• Staff

Hi @rumtea,

Welcome to the forums and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here.

Thanks for the document and information provided - I can certainly 'improve' this document by manually re-sizing and aligning your objects to Full Pixels, as many of your layers are either placed on half pixels, or measure in half values.

Once this is changed, the document exports to PNG much more 'cleanly', however still not ideal. (see below)

test.png

Unfortunately the 'Coverage Map' that can be used to control Anti-aliasing is only available on the Desktop version currently, my apologies.

As I'm unable to completely resolve this on the iPad, I will log this specific document separately - however I can confirm that our developers are aware of the side-effect of how Affinity draws 'touching' objects and we hope to address this in the future.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!