You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes when attempting to export (split)

No matter what image file I open, when I attempt to export, I see the export dialog very briefly and then it crashes the application. I just bought this to get off of Photoshop. Hopefully there is a solution here. I'd consider this pretty severe. Any idea of what I can do to get around this? Exporting is sort of... important.

I'm on the base Macbook Air M1 (8core/7core GPU).

image.png.56d14720f1840c71b314c8864eafb078.png

• Staff

Hi @jcronkhite,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Can you please attach the crash report to your reply for us to take a look please? Click the Report button (in the dialog shown in your screenshot above), press and hold alt and drag the icon from the title bar to the desktop to create a copy of the crash report, then  attach it to your reply. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I've attached the crash report as requested.

Separate issue I found, I attempted to paste an image from clipboard (new from clipboard) and the app hangs then has to be force closed after not responding. I'm happy to address this after we figure out what's up with the export issue. This M1 chip is probably causing devs a lot of issues. I really appreciate your help.

Affinity Photo_2020-12-05-151408_Joshs-MacBook-Air.crash

• Staff

Hi @jcronkhite,
Thanks for the crash report. This should now be fixed in the next Customer Beta build (and later in the next Retail update). If you are willing to give the next Beta (not the current one which is 1.9.0.205/206) a try you can find it pinned at the top of the Photo Beta section here.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may be able to wait for the release. I'm not sure if there is a regular release schedule, but do you have a rough idea of when this will make it into the retail update? I understand if not. And thank you again for your swift action. It's much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, jcronkhite said:

Thanks for the reply. I've attached the crash report as requested.

Separate issue I found, I attempted to paste an image from clipboard (new from clipboard) and the app hangs then has to be force closed after not responding. I'm happy to address this after we figure out what's up with the export issue. This M1 chip is probably causing devs a lot of issues. I really appreciate your help.

Affinity Photo_2020-12-05-151408_Joshs-MacBook-Air.crash 115.13 kB · 2 downloads

@MEB  I just tried both of these issues.  No crashes for either opening an image file on Photo, or Copying and Pasting as New From Clipboard.  Smooth as silk.   But again, I have downloaded from the Affinity Store.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9