You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Borderless printing Canon Pixma Pro 100

Hi, I can't get  borderless print in Affinity Designer with Canon Pixma Pro 100 fit to A4 paper size. I chose A4 borderless in print dialog.  As the result, I get a  print without borders. But that makes the image bigger than the paper, so about 1,5cm of the image is cut. It's just going beyond paper size. (this is strange because in preview I see image fit to the paper. So I just can't expect I'm going to lose a part of the picture) I suppose that "Amount of Extension" slider should resolve this problem. But the slider is absent in my print dialog. (Mac os) Is there any way to resolve this issue?

Edited by Svetlana777

Hi Svetlana,

This is normal behaviour when printing borderless. The borderless option is handled by the printer. If you have cropped your image you could lessen the crop so that the part that is wasted when printing borderless is not so important. On my printer, borderless is only allowed when printing to photo papers:

borderless.jpg.0667d1f4c0b727d599e52d4dcbc9c8c0.jpg