You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App Crash in Export Dialogue when PDF selected

Hey there, I have a stubborn file here. It crashes Designer (as well as Publisher) whenever I go into the export dialogue AND choose PDF. The crash happens while the size is being estimated, I can't start the export itself. 

This is part of the error macOS spits out:

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (sizeof(unsigned long)==SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG), function pdf_TIFFClientOpen, file /Users/matt/mpriestley/Persona/Libraries/libpdflib/libs/tiff/tif_open.c, line 123.

I am on macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, MBA with M1 chip, latest AD store version.

Just in case, the same file does NOT crash the windows version of AD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Ahhh apologies for not getting back to you! At the time I received your file I was unable to replicate on either Big Sur or Catalina. In the past week though, we have had a few of these and have found that it is part of the TIF handling on export that is is causing issues for M1 Macs (hence why I wasn't able to reproduce). I was however, able to get a colleague to reproduce it using their M1 Mac. This is now with development to be fixed though.

Though I am unable to try it right now, I do wonder if temporarily running the app using Rosetta will allow you to export without it crashing? Failing that you could try rasterising all the (Image) layers inside the app (as they're nearly all TIFs) to convert them to pixel layers.