You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move tool doesnt move anything

• Staff

Thanks for the video, unfortunately I can't replicate the problem you're seeing. However i'm not exactly sure what sort of object it is you're moving because I don't think its a single text object.  Its hard to say from the video but the rectangle box left around it after deselection and the readouts the pen is giving is making me thing something else is going off.

Could you attach a screen recording of the entire screen (please use the inbuilt Apple Screen recorder to make this easier and clearer) showing the steps you're taking from file opening, and if possible could you attach a copy of the file you're using please.

See below for the results I'm getting.

You have lots of guides in your document

I think you are selecting and moving some of them and that is the numbers you are seeing

Try switching guides on (make visible) to see if that is the case

I don't have Affinity on an IPad

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thank you. That document was new, I reported the issue in the first minutes after i opened the document. I have no idea who made them there

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic 

• Staff
16 hours ago, konstantnnn said:

Thank you. That document was new, I reported the issue in the first minutes after i opened the document. I have no idea who made them there

Thanks for the file! The app shouldn't be allowing you to move the guides if they're not visible (which is what is happening as carl123 has pointed out). This is something we're aware of and has been fixed in 1.9 - Guides should only be movable using the Move Tool if they're visible. :)