You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

phantom lines appearing in designs even when printed

Hi, I am aware there is a mild glitch with lines appearing where some elements of a design meet even if there is no stroke, it even mentions it in online tutorials but to be rest assured they will not print. And you can normally check the lines are not really there by zooming in and they don't get bigger with everything else so just a glitch on the screen. And I have not noticed a problem when printing before, but I recently made some placemat designs that needed to be exported before printing and the lines appeared in the exported version and then even when printed even though they don't exist in the design. Is there any way to avoid this? as I don't really want random lines going through my designs in future.

• Staff

Have you tried exporting to PDF first and then printing to see if the lines still exist, as this may be a possible workaround for you to get the designs printed. If possible can you upload your Affinity file here so I can try printing it to see if lines appears.

Just tried exporting as PDF, and the lines are still there when opening in acrobat. Not tried printing yet as tucked up in bed atm, but I presume it will show up on print as well. I cannot seem to upload the file atm, the link 'choose files...' doesn't seem to be responding when i click on it and I've tried refreshing the page several times.

I actually just had this problem. When designing in Publisher, there was no border around my images. When exported to pdf thin lines appeared. I realized that both images that this happened on I had edited in the Photo Persona. When I re-edited the images in Affinity Photo and saved them and re-imported them into the document in Publisher the problem went away. It's a shame cause this glitch nullifies the usability of the Photo Persona. I've attached a screenshot of how the thin border looked in Publisher(not visible) and how it looked in the pdf.

-Affinity Publisher.png

pdf_export.png