You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Greetings - I am a new user who uses Sony Alpha Cameras (A7iii and A7Riii).

I note in the Lens Correction facility that the following lenses seem to be missing:

1. Sigma 14-24mm f2.8 DG DN

2. Sony 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 GM OSS

3. Sony 20mm f1.8 G

The only lenses of mine you list currently are the Sony 24-105mm f4 G and Sony Zeiss Batis 55mm f1.8 ZA

In looking further I see also some other of the newer Sony lenses are missing notably the 16-35mm f1.4 GM and the 12-24mm f2.8.

Since I believe that all these lens are at least 12 months old (not sure the Sigma is) I am surprised that they are missing from the Lens Correction list.

Please advise when the 3 missing lenses will be added to the Lens Correction facility as their current absence is an inconvenience.

Please also explain your process for adding new lenses as they are produced by manufacturers and how long it takes you on average to add them.

Many thanks

Mark 

1 hour ago, Mark Cornish said:

Please advise when the 3 missing lenses will be added to the Lens Correction facility as their current absence is an inconvenience.

Please also explain your process for adding new lenses as they are produced by manufacturers and how long it takes you on average to add them.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Serif uses the Open Source Lensfun database. See https://lensfun.github.io/ for more information on Lensfun. Once Lensfun has added a lens to their database, Affinity Photo will typically pick it up at the next official release of Photo. If Lensfun is updated between Photo releases, you can copy data from their database and add it to Photo yourself.

The Lensfun site includes instructions for how to request them to add a lens to their collection, and for how to perform a calibration to generate the data yourself.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1