You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Outline layer effect in exported image

frankw80

Hello,

I have created a simple watermark. It contains some text and a pixel layer. All in a group with color overlay, outline and outer shadow layer fx.
I have saved it as a separate .afphoto file, so I can easily add it to pictures.

In the .afphoto file, it looks totally okay, but after exporting it, it looks like the pixel layer got a second outline.

Since it looks different from what I see in Affinity Photo, I guess it's a bug.

Cheers,
Frank

P.S.: Here is the .afphoto and the exported JPEG.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.afphoto

Edited by frankw80

I just tried it with "Bilinear" and "Bicubic", and the result looks much better.

So, there seem to be two issues:

1. "Lanczos 3 (non-separable)" creates the double outline artefact.

2. Resampling does something, even though the original image was 640x640 and it was also exported to 640x640. Does that not make resampling obsolete?

Cheers,
Frank

P.S.: I guess I'll just use Bicubic then, since that sampling method is superior to bilinear. However, maybe it's still worth looking into, I guess. Either there's a bug to fix in the sampling code, or the help could be amended with a notice that Lanczos is maybe more suitable for photos, and less for line drawings?

Edited by frankw80