You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher WORKBOOK

Hi,

Just got an email regarding the "Affinity Publisher WORKBOOK" .

My suggestion is this; Why not do a PDF version !!

The book is a good idea, and I would probably buy a PDF version, but not in hardback form.

I can't believe in this day and age you can't produce an Electronic version.

By the way, whilst writing, just wanted to say what a great suite of programs you've produced. Well done to you all.

Geoff

22 minutes ago, gse said:

My suggestion is this; Why not do a PDF version !!

"PDF unlock" gives me about 267.000.000 results at Google. To copy 500 pages of a printed book is a good measurement against distributing this book. Call me old fashioned (or old):  I prefer a printed version over a PDF version.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

To me, besides the knowledge I may acquire, the printed version is a physical part of Software history that I want to keep for my own.

To learn how to use it, there are very good tutorials out there, most of them for free.

Best regards!

8 minutes ago, gse said:

Joachim_L and Mithferion - Fair comments, but I think they should give both options. ( By the way, I'm just old (63) )

In my opinion, they should give that option, but sadly they have stated many times before that they have no intention to do so. :(

Maybe they should consider it for specific users that require it, like you.

Best regards!

I have pre ordered the print edition. I would have liked both pdf and print.

I am surprised that Affinity are surprised to receive 15,000 orders. I would have expected even more. Desktop printing is enormously popular. Affinity publisher is an amazing app but its professional features does make it challenging for casual users without prior knowledge. I took over the job of editor,  producer, and general dogsbody of a newsletter for our local country park volunteers, only an ambitious stone's throw from Affinity's HQ. I know that I do not make the best use of this, mainly because of my own ignorance and slightly because of conservative constraints on layout from our members. I look forward to receiving my book. Before using AfPublisher I also used AfPhoto, and the AfPhoto Book was very useful. The integration between packages is seamless.

Not only do I look forward to my copy of the AfPublisher book ,I also hope someday to the AfDatabase book.Even more the AfDatabase app. This is becoming the major omission of the Affinity products. I realise that this is not perhaps in Affinity's range of expertise but it is needed to complete the suite. We want Affinity's version of he LR DAM. 😊 I hope you do not mind me reminding you of the competitors product, even in tiny feint type. t