You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to buy The Workbook Publisher for Overseas Country

If you haven't, you can create your Account on the Affinity Store (it's different from te forum Account), and select the Workbook for pre-order. If I'm not mistaken, there you will find out if they can ship to your Country (in my case, they can; I have the other two Workbooks).

Best regards!

2 hours ago, justdraw said:

Are a deep and accurate information than the Affinity Help and web tutorials from the books?  Thanks

If the Publisher workbook is like the others, it is not intended as a comprehensive manual or user guide. It will start with an exploration of the user interface and the basic functions, and then proceed into a set of specific projects that serve as worked examples of some of the ways you might use Publisher. You learn about the functions by writing working the examples yourself using the instructions and resources that are provided.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

If the Publisher workbook is like the others, it is not intended as a comprehensive manual or user guide. It will start with an exploration of the user interface and the basic functions, and then proceed into a set of specific projects that serve as worked examples of some of the ways you might use Publisher. You learn about the functions by writing the examples yourself using the instructions and resources that are provided.

Thank you so much!

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

On 12/3/2020 at 5:57 PM, walt.farrell said:

If the Publisher workbook is like the others,

Ha ha !

No, this one is a little bit different, it poped up in my mailbox today — shouldn't they be ringing to give the delivery instead of forcing it in the mailbox? I could have get it earlier...

530 pages of detailled explanations in different chapters:

• Welcome
  • Chapter 1: Interface Tour
  • Chapter 2: Core Skills
  • Chapter 3: Page Design Principles
  • Chapter 4: Professionnal Projects
    • Root Box Brochure
    • Spotlight Magazine
    • Fashionista Lookbooks
    • Skill On Show CV/Résumé
  • Chapter 5: Creatives projects
    • Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Cover
    • Bijou Film Festival Poster
  • Chapter 6: Corporate Publishing Projects
    • KB/A Architects—An Introduction
    • KB/A Brand Guide
    • KB/A  Stationery
    • KB/A Annual Report
  • Index
  • Inserts

If the principle is the same for all the books, this one seems more verbose, but that's expected, with all the technical explanations covering Publisher use, Studiolink, typography, export to PDF, etc. I didn't see Data Merge, but the feature is young.

The books, the help, the videos and the forum are complementary.

3 minutes ago, Wosven said:

No, this one is a little bit different, it poped up in my mailbox today

Thanks. Still waiting for mine; perhaps tomorrow. (Or, since my Post Office gets shipments from Amazon in the late aftrnoon, maybe it would be there now if I went back and checked my box again :) )

-- Walt
PC: