You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Kept getting 403 Forbidden when posting in Designer Beta forum

• 1 year later...

This error indicates that the server has determined that you are not allowed access to the thing you've requested, either on purpose or due to a misconfiguration . It's probably because the site owner has limited access to it and you don't have permission to view it. The vast majority of the time, there's not much you can do to fix things on your (*client) end. There are four common causes for 403 Forbidden error (server side) . Here they are listed from most likely to least likely:

• An empty website directory
  • No index page
  • Incorrect settings in the .htaccess file
  • Permission / Ownership error

If authentication credentials were provided in the request, the server considers them insufficient to grant access. The client SHOULD NOT automatically repeat the request with the same credentials. The client MAY repeat the request with new or different credentials. However, a request might be forbidden for reasons unrelated to the credentials.

It’s been reported here that it’s impossible to reply to this thread, so I thought I should try it!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Another test post

Not sure what that means but (obviously) I can reply to this thread, too.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

DD2C81DE-4F9F-431E-AF81-1278683CB4D1.thumb.png.b039148b3d0911ed9f4445291d01deb1.png
the issue might be intermittent, but the error message clearly indicates an issue between Affinity‘s chosen CDN Cloudfront  and the actual forum server, secured behind the CDN

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

4 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

the issue might be intermittent, but the error message clearly indicates an issue between Affinity‘s chosen CDN Cloudfront  and the actual forum server, secured behind the CDN

Maybe it depends on what country or region you are in? 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Imaging you are a hungry guy entering a self-service restaurant through one of multiple doors. The staff at the counter takes your order, but then states he has an issue talking with the kitchen. Do you think the problem is caused by which door you took to enter the restaurant?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

29 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Imaging you are a hungry guy entering a self-service restaurant through one of multiple doors. The staff at the counter takes your order, but then states he has an issue talking with the kitchen. Do you think the problem is caused by which door you took to enter the restaurant?

No, but it might be because the restaurant is so busy that the kitchen staff won't take any more orders.

But analogies aside, it is evident that some of us do not get the error while others do. The only thing I can see that might explain that is we are in different parts of the world. Do you have a better explanation?

Affinity Photo 

12 minutes ago, R C-R said:

But analogies aside, it is evident that some of us do not get the error while others do. The only thing I can see that might explain that is we are in different parts of the world. Do you have a better explanation?

CloudFront may well have different gateway servers in different parts of the world. But I would expect a particular user to have issues with all parts of the forum, not just one section.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

CloudFront may well have different gateway servers in different parts of the world. But I would expect a particular user to have issues with all parts of the forum, not just one section.

I am fairly sure that CouldFront has different servers in different parts of the world.

But maybe it is a configuration issue that applies to only certain parts of the forum, or even just to certain topics? I do not know if that is possible, though.

Affinity Photo 

The point is: its a problem in the responsibility of Affinity and the contracted suppliers, not in the responsibility of users. 

1 hour ago, NotMyFault said:

The point is: its a problem in the responsibility of Affinity and the contracted suppliers, not in the responsibility of users. 

Who said solving this is a responsibility of users? Certainly not me.

Affinity Photo 

13 hours ago, R C-R said:

Who said solving this is a responsibility of users? Certainly not me.

I didn’t quote or mention you in my post. Who says it was targeting you?

7 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

I didn’t quote or mention you in my post. Who says it was targeting you?

Then who was it targeted at? I do not think anyone said fixing this was the  responsibility of users.

Affinity Photo