You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More Color Picking Options for Recolor Adjustment Layer

As someone who uses Affinity Photo to colorize black and white photos, I use recolor layers a lot and it has always annoyed me that the way in which you can choose the color is quite limited. All that is offered to you are HSL sliders (as shown below).

image.png.f9de894b3b769518d34ea86c15b07608.png

HSL sliders are fine for minor adjustments of colors, but when picking a color I either want to use a color picker tool (so that I can choose from my palette) or a HSL color wheel. Neither option are available.

My current workaround is to not use recolor adjustment layers, but instead use gradient adjustment layers and make both ends of the gradient the same. This is because gradient adjustment layers provide many more options for color picking (as shown below).

image.png.07bbd71f593f36fe4ca0ed27d7655a6d.png

In an ideal world, I would love to have all the same color picking options that the gradient adjustment layer provides for the recolor adjustment layer. But at the very least, would you be able to add in a color picker tool to the recolor layer? Even that would make my life much easier.

Edited by TimeLoad

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...