You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed area - placed image not showing in the bleed.

My placed Photo images, although sized correctly including bleed (in Photo), don't show up in my Designer bleed area, they appear, but they are 'clipped' to the trim area, nothing in the bleed area.

?

The other thing is, every other application (that I know) has an artboard where items can be placed for later inclusion onto the page. But in Designer, any item I place disappears when I move it off the actual page.
I'm sure that this is some very simple setting, but I can't find info on this in the tutorials such as 'Artboard'. I didn't 'get' this Artboard tutorial... it demonstrated various ways of drawing an artboard, but gave no explanation at all of why you would want to do this... I kept thinking "yes, but what on earth for!". Can't I just have a 'normal' artboard on which items are visible?

Ta, Jools

Edited by joolstacho
extra info included

Artboards don't currently show viewable bleed (which is annoying) but it does output if your bleed is setup - the only way around this is to setup your Designer pages separately and make sure NOT to tick the 'create artboard' box on page setup then you'll be able to view the bleed - once theres an artboard setup you'll lose viewable bleed, I don't think theres a way to convert an artboard doc to a page doc, although you can create a non artboard doc and copy paste the content.

I suspect the way that Artboards currently work is kind of like a mask or a vector container as if you place or move content in a layer above the artboard, you can see its full un-clipped size. I don't think the boffins have worked out a way yet to expand the artboard for viewable bleed so you could view a page size guide and then the artboard container - I usually set-up all my multi-page stuff in publisher as I really want viewable bleed - then use studiolink personas for designer and photo

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk