You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Learning about setting up Publisher publications for print

Hello Everyone!

I've been working in a print shop for a little while and I'm trying to sell the owner on moving from Microsoft Publisher to Affinity Publisher. My problem being that I've got very limited experience with print as I've been a web designer/developer for 20 years.

I just took advantage of the Affinity Publisher Workbook pre-order deal but I'm afraid that there's not nitty gritty on learning the ins and outs of properly setting up/preparing your publication for print.

What advice would you have for a complete noob? Are there any online classes a person can take? Websites with great tutorials?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrence

P.S. ~ I'm excited for the workbook. I've been using Affinity products for a few news now but this is my first workbook purchase.

Thanks @Lee D!

I found an Affinity Publisher course on Lynda.com last night as well which I'll go through eventually (https://www.lynda.com/Design-tutorials/Affinity-Publisher-First-Look/706919-2.html). There's only one 2 minute and 49 second video dedicated to printing within the table of contents but I'll hope there will be more information throughout.

I've also pre-ordered the Publisher workbook which I hope will help.

I just know absolutely nothing about printing but as per my job, I need to learn.

Thanks again!

Lawrence