You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feedback about Affinity Feedback Forums!

I’ve noticed quite a few multiple feature request 'wish list' posting recently on the Affinity forums. 

I've an idea the posts might be born out of three areas of frustration (beyond people not reading the forum rules):

1. Difficulty searching the forum to find the most relevant post. For example, 'knife tool' finds numerous posts, (12 forum pages worth!). 
  2. Features/tools can be described in different  ways. For example, 'cut tool', 'knife tool', 'scissors tool' etc.
  3. Essential/basic features have been missing or broken now for a long time. For example, true vector brushes, warp tool and faulty Boolean Divide operation.* 

I really thought Serif/Affinity were on the right track when they started off publishing a roadmap showing their future plans. At least it shared their thinking and priorities helping to manage users expectations. Of course with three main products and Windows, Mac and iPad variants, life is more complicated now.

I'm not quite sure what the answer to all this is, ie to ensure Serif benefit and gain useful insight from any feedback and we (forum members) feel our voices have not fallen on deaf ears. I do feel this needs to be addressed as it's only going to get worse. There are already over 15,000 posts in the current Affinity Designer Feedback forum and even more (31,000) in the older feedback forum.

At the end of the day I believe Affinity forum users need a quick and simple way to check that 'their' missing/broken tool or feature request has already been requested/reported and importantly has been properly considered and acknowledged by Serif staff.

Thanks

*(I recently managed to get over 900,000 objects dividing just 42 shapes. Although small credit to Affinity Designer, despite wasting a lot of time, it didn't crash, although it did take an equally long time to undo!) 😐

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1