You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.864

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features, performance, fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed Ctrl Reset not removing Assets 
  • Fixed crash when editing a macro with no document open
  • Added Combined Raster & Vector benchmark 
  • Added placement policy
  • Added missing baseline menu options
  • Fixed blending issues with Live Filters
  • Added support for 12bit mono TIFFs
  • Added Pattern Layers
  • Added Live Liquify
  • Fixed pressing Backspace during Freehand Selection Tool (Polygonal mode) deleting the layer, rather than the last node
  • Fixed Develop Persona Crop Tool rotation producing artifacts
  • Fixed Focus Merge always creating 96DPI documents (now uses DPI and metadata from first source image)
  • Fixed Live Projection artifacts in 32-bit documents
  • Fixed cancelling Crop Tool not doing anything
  • Added anti-aliasing blend option 
  • Added "Find in Layers Panel" menu item
  • Changed default for "Show Selection in Layers Panel" to be on (and renamed to "Auto-scroll to show selection in Layers Panel")
  • Fixed incorrect attribute bits in exported 32-bit TGA
  • Allow downloads to be cancelled, and changed auto-download to be off by default
  • Fixed PDF export converting RGB bitmaps to CMYK if the original document had the bitmap's working profile
  • Improved PDF import of tinted colour comparison for registration colours
  • Improved Assets drag and drop from Explorer
  • Added Ctrl+RightMouse to display tree of objects
  • Improved ABR import

1.9.0.852 release notes

Fixed Focus Merge always creating 96DPI documents (now uses DPI and metadata from first source image)

when i copy from a pic with 300 dpi, after pasting from clipboard the new pic has always 96 dpi

isn't it possible that when i select a piece from the image, copy it and paste from clipboard that the new pasted image has the same dpi as the original where i copied from automatically?

txs

24 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I can't see it either @Bruno Henrique - I will look into it.

It is, though, in the right-click context menu for an object/layer in Photo. Just not in the Layer menu.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Open a photo, apply a liquify live filter and you'll get artifacts on many photos (hardware acceleration disabled).

1.jpg

Furthermore, inside the "liquify live filter persona" I can't find a way to cancel the operation (if I change my mind) to return to the Photo persona, you can only press "done"

SharedScreenshot.jpg

50 minutes ago, Claudio60 said:

Abra una foto, aplique un filtro de licuar en vivo y obtendrá artefactos en muchas fotos (aceleración de hardware desactivada).

1.jpg

Además, dentro de "licuar la persona del filtro en vivo" no puedo encontrar una manera de cancelar la operación (si cambio de opinión) para volver a la persona de la foto, solo puede presionar "listo".

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Confirmed.

With Hardware Accelerator enabled, it works smoothly.
At least in my case.

3 hours ago, Roberto Sdul said:

In tools, when selecting the box, zooming in with the mouse wheel, the horizontal movement is lost, it should be done with the shift key plus the mouse wheel so that the image moves horizontally.
Best regards

If you've enabled "Use mouse wheel to zoom" then you need to hold Ctrl in order to change to scroll mode (then press Ctrl+Shift while using mouse wheel to move horizontally).

5 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Si ha habilitado "Usar la rueda del mouse para hacer zoom", entonces debe mantener presionada la tecla Ctrl para cambiar al modo de desplazamiento (luego presione Ctrl + Shift mientras usa la rueda del mouse para moverse horizontalmente).

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

5 hours ago, Claudio60 said:

Furthermore, inside the "liquify live filter persona" I can't find a way to cancel the operation (if I change my mind) to return to the Photo persona, you can only press "done"

You can also simply click on the Photo Persona icon.

But, as with pressing Done, you'll still have the Liquify Filter layer in your document. You can delete it using the Layers panel. It might be more consistent with other live filters if there were Delete and Merge options somewhere in the interface.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, Claudio60 said:

The "liquify live filter persona" has its own (dedicated) History Panel so just scrub back to the beginning and click Done

Also, see next post below

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

10 hours ago, Claudio60 said:

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Doing that gives you the screen below, which is quite confusing as there is no Cancel button in the "liquify live filter persona" as there is in the normal Liquify persona.

Think we either need a Cancel button or a different message

cancel.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

9 hours ago, Roberto Sdul said:

In tools, when selecting the box, zooming in with the mouse wheel, the horizontal movement is lost, it should be done with the shift key plus the mouse wheel so that the image moves horizontally.
Best regards.

Confirmed. Same issue here...

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

20 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Doing that gives you the screen below, which is quite confusing as there is no Cancel button in the "liquify live filter persona" as there is in the normal Liquify persona.

Think we either need a Cancel button or a different message

cancel.png

I can confirm this. We need a Cancel button here

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

9 hours ago, Roberto Sdul said:

Confirmed.

With Hardware Accelerator enabled, it works smoothly.
At least in my case.

I also am seeing artifacts here

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

But, as with pressing Done, you'll still have the Liquify Filter layer in your document. You can delete it using the Layers panel. It might be more consistent with other live filters if there were Delete and Merge options somewhere in the interface.

Tks Walt, but, as you said, clicking on the Photo Persona or simply click on Done without doing anything will lead to an unwanted layer that you have to delete afterwards

44 minutes ago, carl123 said:

The "liquify live filter persona" has its own (dedicated) History Panel so just scrub back to the beginning and click Done

Also, see next post below

Tks Carl, I didn't noticed it, maybe because this feature is partially hidden in my pc

SharedScreenshot.jpg

...and I can't scroll down or resize the interface to access to history and channels

Just a question: how can I use Pattern layers? I get a with and height parameters, but nowhere select image or anything.

Tried place an image, rasterized, select an area, and used Layer -> New Pattern Layer From Selection, but this too much steps. I have many pattern, and I don't know how can I use its.

Ok, I used Gradient tool, and there is Bitmap on Type list :) Fantastic addon like Live Liquify layer too! Great thanks!

image.png.95b2655e9753d932c8d38ae11d36e845.png

53 minutes ago, Claudio60 said:

...and I can't scroll down or resize the interface to access to history and channels

Not sure why with such a small screenshot supplied

But can you drag the History and Channels tabs next to the Mask Tab (above) or even next to the Navigator tab even further above