You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A Question About Table Formatting

I am trying to get a table format.  What I would like to do is to have the top row one color. Then the bottom rows alternate between two colors.  For example, the top row could be blue, then the other rows alternate between white and green.  

The problem I am having is that after a create a style, the top row repeats itself further down the table.  For example, what I would want is Blue, White, Green, White, Green, etc.  However, what I am getting is Blue, White Green, Blue, White, Green, etc. 

What I want to do is create a basic template that will work no matter what size table I make.  However, it seems that I have to create a template that fits exactly the number of columns and rows.  I am assuming I am doing something wrong so I am hoping so one can clarify how to build a template for a table appropriately.