Stokestack

Resizing handles are too close to text, preventing text selection.

If you try to highlight the beginning of a line of text in Designer, you'll end up dragging the left resizing handle instead.  If you move over to avoid it, you'll often miss the first character (especially if it's a narrow one).

I don't recall encountering this in Illustrator or Corel Draw, but I'm not sure what's different.  I was going to check Illustrator, but it won't run unless you install a deprecated Java library.  Just another reason to use Designer instead!

I've also experienced. Te problem is not with selecting the first word or character, but rather in just placing the curser to type. I have to place the curser after the first character and then tap the back arrow to move the cursor into place.

We don't have this problem in Illustrator because you can't accidentally select the text frame or even deselect it while using the text tool – if you click off the text frame, your cursor moves to the end of the nearest line. This was initially very frustrating for me, but I now find it makes the most sense.

Thanks for answering this, guys.  I'll see how it goes in beta 3.

Why can't we subscribe to our own threads by default? I've never seen a forum where this wasn't the norm, or even possible.

Thanks!

Gavin

Why can't we subscribe to our own threads by default? I've never seen a forum where this wasn't the norm, or even possible.

It's possible. If you click on the drop-down for your name, select My Settings then Notification Options, then Auto follow topics I reply to.