You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Intermittant crash when selecting layers

My Specs: Mac mini (2018) running Big Sur 11.0.1 - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - 32GB Memory - External GPU (Radeon RX 580)

I'm no stranger to Affinity Photo and have been using it since 2015 for all my "photoshop" needs without any problems.

Since the introduction of Big Sur Iv'e noticed a real sluggishness to the software.
Layers from time to time will not select when clicked and a layer above or below needs to be selected first, then the layer required will become selectable.
I have my layers stack is on the left hand side (just in case this makes any difference)
Also when I widen the layers stack sometimes the app crashes and I send the report to Apple.
Sometimes when I try to turn off a layer (after widening layer stack) the app crashes and I send the report to Apple.

I enclose a few screen shot images of the occurance.

SS01.png

SS02.png

SS03.png

• Staff

Hey Stuart_James,

Struggling to reproduce any crashes like that here. 

Could you send me the crash report please? The next time it happens, just grab that icon at the top of the crash reporter where it says 'Problem Report from Affinity Photo' and drag it to your desktop. 

Layers from time to time will not select when clicked and a layer above or below needs to be selected first, then the layer required will become selectable.

I have this problem too, layers are not being selected when I click on them. Nothing happens, I have to click like 10 times before it gets selected, its extremely annoying. 

Macbook Air 2018, Big Sur

On 11/30/2020 at 7:15 AM, Chris B said:

Hey Stuart_James,

Struggling to reproduce any crashes like that here. 

Could you send me the crash report please? The next time it happens, just grab that icon at the top of the crash reporter where it says 'Problem Report from Affinity Photo' and drag it to your desktop. 

Hello, I have tons of problem with layer and in part I have already posted it. MEB was following the thread in case it helps. The problems mentioned and other always relating to layers are so relevant that I have been thinking to abandon AP. I stay only because they may relate to the new Big Sur. 

• Staff

I'm afraid not. Does this crash still happen if you disconnect the eGPU? We have done some testing with an eGPU and everything seemed ok but I wonder if that's part of it. I'll ask my colleague who has the eGPU to give it a go as well.