You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed on export not always working...

I've been using affinity publisher for the past few years.

This is frustrating. The bleed sometimes doesn't work. 

I am using the same settings for export. 5 mm bleed, checked the check box export settings. I have 5 documents with the same settings. The 5th one, no matter what settings it wont have a bleed.

I tried removing most of the graphics - lol the bleed starts working. And then when I placed back all the graphics ( with bleed hazard message) then bleed wont work again. My workaround before was to design the bleed and crop mark. But this is impossible for multiple pages and whats the point of the bleed if its not reliable.  I have deadlines and I have to worry about something so simple.

Here's my screenshots. 

Note: all have same settings on exports. 

SumatraPDF_pyFw0GVGXi.png

SumatraPDF_t5rbEF9lFO.png

SumatraPDF_yAUfaFBm77.png

Publisher_ppf9AaCTyG.png

SumatraPDF_9ipYgjOoh4.png

• Staff

Hi xparda,

Welcome to the forums :)

Your first screenshot does seem to have bleed applied as the bleed is the space between your cropmarks and your document. Please could you provide one of the files in question so I can look into this further?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum

I have to embed all the linked images. And in the file I created a background layer - a copy of the bg layer from the master page and see if its just affecting the bleed for the master page or in main pages.

I have all the affinity apps. Publisher, design, and photo. I did all the design in Publisher and just switching to designer and photo. I dont know it thats causing it.

Pls let me know how to fix it. For now I just manually designed a bleed and a crop mark.

AHC_Beverages_-x1_-embed.afpub

I am thinking it is caused by the Vignette layer on your pages, delete that and it should be okay.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

9 minutes ago, xparda said:

@Old Bruce

wow! it actually worked. Thanks. now I just need to baked that effect so I can still use it.

I think you could get away with masking the effect to the Page Size with a rectangle as a clipping mask.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.