You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

where are the beta folders?

Where is the com.seriflabs.affinityphoto folder for the beta version? I want to use all my shorty, brushes, prferences... from the real app in the beta, so i think i just replace the relevant user-folder and other stuff from the official to the beta? Does this work? Thankyou!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

The beta apps live in; Your Home folder > Library > Application Support.
Affinity apps bought directly from Serif also live in this location.
I too have been copying the ‘user’ folder over to the beta app, and vice versa, for some time now and as yet have had no problems after doing it.
Just remember though, it is a “hack” and not a recommended procedure and one day it may go pear shaped!

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

On 11/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, markw said:

The beta apps live in; Your Home folder > Library > Application Support.

Thanks, found it! (sry for delay, i had somme days no net).

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Hi Polygonius, yes it was the right path I posted.
In your screenshot it looks like you are not in the ‘Application Support’ folder in your ‘Home’ ‘Library’ folder.
Here’s a screenshot from my 'Home' folder to the AP beta ‘user’ folder.
Note, in the beta apps and apps bought directly from Serif the folders do not start with “com.seriflabs.” but just use the apps regular name e.g. ‘Affinity Photo Beta’.

183050329_Screenshot2020-12-04at11_01_04.png.45a0f9fc91505bebe88cfa4b21f36408.png

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.