You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

@Roney Cherukara

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Serif/Affinity products are licensed separately for each operating system, Windows, MAC or iPad (iOS).  Once the OS-appropriate license has been purchased the user can install the software on as many computers running that OS as he owns and controls, although only the original purchaser is allowed to use the apps for commercial purposes.  It is not possible to transfer any licence between operating systems, e.g. if you already have a Windows licence and wish to also use any of the apps on an iPad or MAC, you need to buy a separate licence for the iPad or MAC.

Serial keys are used and needed only if you buy the apps direct from Serif, where they can then be found listed in your Affinity Account.  Purchases from any of the App Stores do not have a serial key because the app is permanently tied to your store account and account ID.  

To redownload the software to your original computer or to be able to install it on a new computer, simply log into wherever you purchased it, using your original purchase email or Store ID, and download it.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

46 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

as many computers running that OS as he owns and controls

Or rather, as many as he (or she!) owns or controls. If the computer is leased to you, you don’t own it but you do control it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

i bought affinty Designer and also affinity Photo in my AppStore on my Mac. 
now i bought an iPad Pro (2020) and even though its the same ID,  i cant download these 2 Apps without paying again...

do you have any idea what i can do?

best regards

@JensH

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

As stated earlier in this thread, each Affinity app purchase is licenced for ONE Operating System, either Windows, MAC Or iOS.  The licences are also not transferable so if, as in your case, you have already purchased one or more the apps for MAC (OSX), their use on an iPad does require that licences for that OS be purchased.

To answer your question: your only option, if you wish to use the apps on your iPad, is the purchase of an iPad licence for each app.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

44 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

To answer your question: your only option, if you wish to use the apps on your iPad, is the purchase of an iPad licence for each app.

The good news is that the licences for the iPad apps are less than half the price of the licences for the desktop apps.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)