You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi GingaP,

Welcome to the Forums :)

Affinity Photo doesn't include the same sort of filters that Adobe uses in Photoshop. Unfortunately without the filters that Photoshop use I don't see any way of being able to recreate this effect in Affinity. If you would like to see something like this added to the App I would recommend making a post in the Feature Requests section.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Alternatively you could invest in FilterForge, which offers more than 11.000 filter and texture effects. It will run as either a Photoshop plugin or stand-alone. The creative filter section by itself consists of almost 1000 effects. And each filter often offers ten times or more control compared to Photoshop's creative filters.

https://www.filterforge.com/

Three filters and three minutes later (okay, I did add a cloud texture in overlay mode) to darken things a bit):

post-17501-0-38046000-1441401951.jpg

post-17501-0-38046000-1441401951_thumb.jpg

Affinity should partner with Filter Forge. It would save them a lot of work from having to create support for individual filters.

The beautiful thing in FilterForge is that anyone can create new filters either from scratch, or based on one of the existing ones. FF is a filter creator that works with a nodal approach. FF with its filter library replaces 95% of filters out there all by itself.

And yes, I agree: a combo with FilterForge (even the basic version) would be lucrative to both companies, I think. Why invent the wheel all over again?