You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Magic Keyboard - delete and . Keys display as (null)

davidagnome

Bug

Using either the . or delete keys on the iPad Pro/iPad Air 4 attachable Magic Keyboard return (null) when entering a form field for an attribute (I.e. document dimensions, transform tools, stroke size, etc.) The expected result would be 10.4 instead 10(null)4 centimeters when entering a value into the transform or other tools. Delete doesn’t remove text either. For example, if I enter 10.5 and hit delete the then 4, the output should be 10.4 but the systems renders it as 10(null)5(null)4.

Temporary Workaround

Can be corrected only by using the touch interface to use the calculator’s . And <x| Virtual key.

Devices Used:

iPad Air 4 (2020) on iPadOs 14.2

Magic Keyboard

6384779B-46C7-49A3-8AB8-B8257FBB4AA0.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Along with the (null), the expected behavior of the keyboard ENTER/RETURN key is to process the OK button, but it instead adds a line return. (?) This forces moving to the software keyboard.

The keyboard +,-,*,/ keys do nothing, though expected behavior is to process those keys like the software keys do.

• 1 year later...

This issue still persist in V2 and is really annoying! 

I cant enter any comma values anywhere neither with an apple Magic Keyboard nor any other keyboard. Useless to say that the comma and point keys do work in all other applications. Just in all affinity apps they‘re returning (null).

I honestly feel a bit betrayed. I loved buying the V2 and i would as well like to buy a new version every other year for the price your calling - but there has to be any significant improvements! I really cant see or feel any changes that make the jump from 1.9 to 2.0 any more significant than from 1.9.1 to 1.9.2 

Maybe thats the point where i start to encourage subscription models if that supports a steady progress. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 11/28/2020 at 9:20 PM, dpeters911 said:

Bug

Using either the . or delete keys on the iPad Pro/iPad Air 4 attachable Magic Keyboard return (null) when entering a form field for an attribute (I.e. document dimensions, transform tools, stroke size, etc.) The expected result would be 10.4 instead 10(null)4 centimeters when entering a value into the transform or other tools. Delete doesn’t remove text either. For example, if I enter 10.5 and hit delete the then 4, the output should be 10.4 but the systems renders it as 10(null)5(null)4.

Temporary Workaround

Can be corrected only by using the touch interface to use the calculator’s . And <x| Virtual key.

Devices Used:

iPad Air 4 (2020) on iPadOs 14.2

Magic Keyboard

6384779B-46C7-49A3-8AB8-B8257FBB4AA0.png

Ouch, this is still the case in v2 😞