You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I installed NIK Collection 3 today, hoping that I can use it Affinity Photo - but I get a message saying that the “image cannot be modified”

(including the times when I try editing the image as a TIFF)

Even though AP claims to be compatible with NIK, it seems not all of it is!

95B6425F-212A-42E8-AE59-FE43911F2366.jpeg

56A7FBE7-E0DF-4564-B10B-1A86509F39E2.jpeg

Most of the Nik plugins work very well with Affinity Photo. The two that do not are the HDR (which will only work with one image) and the Perspective plugin. Both of these work OK as standalones.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I have read in several threads in several forums that Viveza (the one from the new DxO’s version of Nick Collection) also gives problems to most people when trying to open it as a plugin in Affinity.

I have downloaded the old Nick Collection (google’s) and at least with this one, Viveza shows a problem in the way it renders colour (I don’t know if this is the correct way of describing the problem) when I open an image with it within Affinity Photo.
It works fine if opening an image using it as a standalone (in which manner it opens if dragging the file to the programs’ direct access icon), if being triggered from DxO PhotoLab of which I have version 3 (yes, the google version works fine and is recognized by the program), and if opened as a plugin in ACDSee.

I don’t know about Nik Collection’s Perspective plugin (the google version does not have it), but I have DxO ViewPoint 2 and it doesn’t work as a plugin within Affinity Photo either. Never had bothered to find out if this can be fixed though, because it works fine within DxO PhotoLab and if I have to correct a perspective of something in a photo, I would usually do it while processing my raw file.